Ok to get alignment with slightly off center rear end?

DallasBoss

Established Member
I just finished installing Steeda Sport springs with Koni yellows and am seeing the rear axle is slightly off center, which I plan to rectify soon with with a phb or maybe a watts link. Can a proper alignment be done despite the slight off centering? Thank for any feedback

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
The panhard bar will likely change the rear axle's thrust angle slightly. Steering wheel center is based off thrust angle. So you can align it now but there is a chance your steering wheel may end up crooked later.

mhyjek

Established Member
I just finished installing Steeda Sport springs with Koni yellows and am seeing the rear axle is slightly off center, which I plan to rectify soon with with a phb or maybe a watts link. Can a proper alignment be done despite the slight off centering? Thank for any feedback
Do you have relocation brackets?

TGR96

Established Member
An adjustable PHB can be had for about $100. Just to be on the safe side, I personally put off the alignment, get a proper PHB ASAP, then get your alignment. Then, if you decide to get a watts link down the road, you can sell the PHB, and you shouldn't need a new alignment. Just MHO.

Last edited:

2011roush

Established Member
Wait until you have the phb to align. Might as well do it right the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread