Old guys...first time fathers. How old were you?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Man, it's been that long? Jesus, it seemlols like yesterday I remember you complaining about your pregnant wife and getting trash bags...

lol!

this morning my daughter tells me " daddy I want a truck" I told her to ask her mom cuz she wont let me have one. she said ok dad ill ask lolol funny as hell

Iman01

Established Member
My parents started young, 18ish. I remember them living paycheck to paycheck and really struggling to get by. We moved back in with my grandparents a couple times to get through layoffs and stuff. Watching that I decided I would sort my career out before I added kids to the mix.

If you are the type of person that will be active with your kids; it doesn't matter if you are 20 or 50, you will be active with your kids.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm 32 & we're planning on kids. Getting married next year & would like to buy a home after that & kids after that. Yea, I'm screwed. I will never get another Vette like I am planning on.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I was born when my dad was 21 and my brother was born when my dad was 24. Those are the same ages I had my twin boys and then little girl. Then my little sister was born when I was 17 and he was 38.

This all reminds me that I need to hurry up and get snipped.

03svt01gt

Established Member
I had my boy at 22. My poor uncle got married at 40 and tried to have kids for three years. They finally gave in and went in to a clinic to give it a try. It worked. He's turning 51 and he has 8 year old triplets. All girls. The man is gonna go crazy once they hit teens.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I was 22, by 45 I had them out of College. I see guys who are my current age, with kids it diapers and I wonder how do they do it.

It goes both ways. I've seen both personally.

I know a girl who had her two at 16 and 19. :eek: When I worked with her though, her youngest was in high school and she was what, 33ish? She bragged about soon being able to feel retired from kids before 40. However the hardship of kids at a young age sort of ruined her education goals, and thus she's far from rich. Her man stayed with her, and he does ok, but they won't be traveling the world and living it up in their 40s.

Another person I know well didn't marry till early 30's and put off kids another 7-8 years. However he spent his 20's climbing the corporate ladder, and makes damn good money. They spent their early 30's with constant weekend getaways, several big trips, concerts, hobbies, etc. Him and his wife lived it up for several years and now are having kids.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
I had my first born when I was 29 which I think is a perfect time to have your first child.

Got all the partying out of the way and at a time I am financially secure. My second at 34 and we "think" our third would be at 37..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife and I were 19. Three years later our darling daughter was born. Parenting today is much more difficult, so I wouldn't recommend having a child that young.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Thanks for all of the comments fellas. I guess I am a little late to the game with having kids, but that's what I get for marrying a younger woman lol.

This is my second marriage, my current wife and I have been together for about 3 1/2 years, just getting married last October.

We talked about kids before getting married and I told her it was something we had to do right away, if it was gonna happen.

I try and look at it both ways, I am a little old but I feel but we've had the opportunity to do some very extensive vacations over the last few years. Hell, we just got off a 12 day cruise lol. But I think i'm still young enough to be able to enjoy a young child and not be too old to where I can't relate. Luckily I do have some friends with expecting wives or toddlers.

I am excited though, we're not finding out what we're having until October:banana:

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
Good luck! My dad had me at 48 and was a awesome dad always throwing the football, shooting guns, etc etc, but so no worries for you man.

Me personally I'll be done at 47 and can't freaking wait! I love my kids and I'm the soccer dad, but I can't wait to travel the world at a whim with my wife!!

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Good luck! My dad had me at 48 and was a awesome dad always throwing the football, shooting guns, etc etc, but so no worries for you man.

Me personally I'll be done at 47 and can't freaking wait! I love my kids and I'm the soccer dad, but I can't wait to travel the world at a whim with my wife!!

My wife and I plan to pick up where we left off when our child is old enough :beer:.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I don't really think this statement has much truth to it.

What exactly can you do for a baby-toddler-kid @ 30k a year VS 80k a year? Besides basic care, I don't really think wealth matters for a kid at that age. Maybe when they are quite a bit older and you have things such as private schools and colleges, aside from that I'm not seeing your view.

I'm not bashing, I am just curious of what exactly you mean?

Because its just about the amt of money you spend. Part of it is your own piece of mind in being in a much better situation to rear a child. It also allows you to do things like save $ for the future- not just yours but their college etc. way more to it then buying diapers etc my friend.

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Well if it makes you feel any better my 13 year old son's best friend is my 14 year old half brother. I'm 37 my dad is still doing fine. You do the math ! D'oh !!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Because its just about the amt of money you spend. Part of it is your own piece of mind in being in a much better situation to rear a child. It also allows you to do things like save $ for the future- not just yours but their college etc. way more to it then buying diapers etc my friend.

Oh, I had no idea what it was like. It's not like a didn't have a kid that I raised in my early 20's... :lol:

We also never had an issue at the time when we were maybe making 30-40k a year combined when we started out. We were able to provide a very comfortable life for our girl. Of course when we had our son, we were doubled of what our income was starting out but I am trying to understand what exactly "financially" secure means. Unless you are extremely well off, you will never be "financially" secure but anything can happen at anytime to change that.

Before I had my son, that was always my excuse then I realized it didn't make any sense. Unless you are homeless, or living at home with your parents, there really isn't a "wrong" time.

I am raising 2 kids now on my own making only 1/2 of what we did when I was married and still am able to provide them a very comfortable life with everything they need. While kids are expensive when it comes to daycare costs, college, you don't need to be wealthy to do it.

Take 20$ out of every check into savings for 17 years, part of their college fund. I'm not sure how some families do it but I will not be paying for all of my kids college. They will try hard to earn grants and scholarships and they will learn to take a loan and pay it off for their education, taste the real world.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I'm 26 and don't have any kids neither do I think I'll be ready in the next couple years. I think everyone is just different

Coiled03

Established Member
Before I had my son, that was always my excuse then I realized it didn't make any sense. Unless you are homeless, or living at home with your parents, there really isn't a "wrong" time.

This.

When you have kids you'll get by with what you have, somehow. If you're able to provide them a fancy life via making more money, the better for them, but it's not required.

Also, had I known how much fun my daughter would be, I never would've waited until I was 37 to bring her into the world. There's just nothing like it.

Users who are viewing this thread