Old Recall notice. I have a question

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
I was sent a notification sent to my house saying my truck has not gotten the safety recall (05S28) it has to do with my speed control system. Then it says if its deactivated then im fine. How would i know if its deactivated?

MaCaY

Sonic Blue
Established Member
i got the same letter, so if i will go to a dealer they fix to a problem is to deactivate cruce control at all????

Ride The i pm you my vin can you check for any active recalls please...???

LSUstang05

Established Member
I think the recall was due to a faulty switch or something. Again, IIRC, it was a recall because peoples trucks were randomly catching on fire. It only takes 30 minutes (from what I'm told) so I would be racing to the dealership to get it done.

silvblt

Nasty 5.4
Established Member
You can deactivate it yourself temporarily by just unplugging the connector on the master cylinder. When you go to Ford, they will just supply an inline fuse in its place. When I had my PCM re-flashed, they had to fix something to do with the seatbelt as a recall too. That was a new one to me. Needless to say, I spent a right good while at the dealer getting all three of my F-150s done that day. :bored:

treyh

Established Member
so if i called the dealer and gave them the vin would they know if i had recalls? or is there somewhere online i could look?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
^^^ Yes, you can call a dealer and they can run the same Oasis Report that I can run and it will list any open field service actions that need done.

The recall is just an inspection of the actual switch and the installation of an ugly fused jumper harness. The fuse is in place just in case the switch leaks later on down the road. The fuse will blow instead of having a hot shorted circuit.

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Well that's nice to know my truck could have caught fire the last 9 months i have owned it.

Man last summer i took a few 250 mile road trips towing my bass boat and had cruise on a ton. Man that is "Ford Tough" LOL

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Hate to tell you this, but the fires never happened when the cruise was in use. Most times it was when the truck/car was parked. You now, something like in your garage overnight.

Like already mentioned, until you can get to the dealer to get it fixed just unplug the switch at the front of the master cylinder.

The recall takes 10 minutes to do if you only have one arm. The paperwork takes longer to do then the actual repair does.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Yea it does only take maybe 15 min total and that included shootin the shit with the svt tech that just happened to do mine.

SVTL Joe Joe

Banned
i always assumed that the cruise control recall was due to it staying on. the 97 f150 i have used to (before i rigged it not to anymore) would keep the cruise on no matter if you tried turning it off or canceled it by the pedal i had to yank the fuse to stop!

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
get the recall done, if they send out 3 recalls and your truck catches fire because you did not get the recall done, they will not cover any damage to your vehicle. They will either replace the siwth and a jumper harness or put a fused jumper harness in line with the switch... either way, it's no cost to you.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
No, I'm just west of Washington DC. Used to be at Sterling Ford and currently at Cherner Lincoln Mercury.

But if it got me closer to living by the beach, I'd consider Beach Ford.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
No, I'm just west of Washington DC. Used to be at Sterling Ford and currently at Cherner Lincoln Mercury.

But if it got me closer to living by the beach, I'd consider Beach Ford.

Was curious because there is where I bought my truck :) Flew out of Houston and drove it back, got a swingin deal when nobody else was dealing...

Users who are viewing this thread