OMG, Can this be so?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
Sorry to double post..

But a thought came to mind is it possible his odometer is reading kilometers instead of miles?

That would be totally tripped (pun intended) out!!

Good thought though....

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
You got me, I have no clue whats going on with your car

I have done a lot of research. I have heard if the engine light comes on it can trip (no pun) other things, possible making the car run lean. I don't know if it is true. No one has given me any documentation. I'm just going to get the MILs before I start driving the Cobra again. I guess anything is possible. If I wasn't getting much gas, wouldn't the Cobra been running very shitty? It still runs like it should....FAST!:beer:

Ryan

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
If you are actually getting that kind of mileage I'd be scared out of my mind. Have you considered how unimaginable lean your car would have to be running to get ~40 MPG knowing that every other single cobra documented on this board running at even close to a safe / sane A/F is running 12 - 20 MPG.

I'd be worried if I were you, not excited.

You better figure this out quick, or your engine will "figure it out" for you brother.

Alright sister:)

:beer:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
I might have a suspicion,,but its a practical joke. My grandfathers friend told me, they used to fill his friends car up with gas at night, to make him think he had outrageous gas mileage, then after while, they started to suck it out, making him think his car is broke. Got any friends who could pull that trick??

maoun

Established Member
if someone wants to put gas in mine secretly, feel free....91 unleaded please :)

gas is too expensive!
m.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by ArkangelX3
I might have a suspicion,,but its a practical joke. My grandfathers friend told me, they used to fill his friends car up with gas at night, to make him think he had outrageous gas mileage, then after while, they started to suck it out, making him think his car is broke. Got any friends who could pull that trick??

hmmm, well considering the Cobra stays in the garage I don't think anyone would be sneaky in my garage. If I knew about that, they would be shot:)

Must be the wife:)

For real though. I bet my ProChamber might be making my car run lean. That is the only time I noticed it. I found a couple of references referring to this if interested. I don't know how reliable they are but a found a few.
http://corner-carvers.com/wiki/index.php?OBDII and O2 Sensors Explained
Cheers:beer:
Ryan.

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Granted it may be running lean, but i dont think theres anyhting in the world that can give you that sort of gas mileage, short of a practicl joke! Even if you never took the car about 20 miles an hour for a whole take, and never reved up 1500, you still wouldnt get that kinda mileage!

jumpinjackflash

Established Member
Are all your trips downhill... behind big trucks... in neutral...?

Seriously, I'm driving mine without the fuel pressure sensor plugged in right now since it failed and the car seems to be in a 'safe' mode. The SES light is on and the fuel pressure is way down (I've got a fp gauge). I don't know what kind of mileage I'm getting since I have disconnected the battery several time to reset codes, but it is good. I'm driving it very easy and I know it's running lean. But if I wanted to get on it, it would still make boost and run strong. Just not as strong and not safely.

Bottom line is, take it easy until your MILs are installed and the codes are cleared. If you still get unrealistic mileage, get it checked out. The laws of physics still apply.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by ArkangelX3
Granted it may be running lean, but i dont think theres anyhting in the world that can give you that sort of gas mileage, short of a practicl joke! Even if you never took the car about 20 miles an hour for a whole take, and never reved up 1500, you still wouldnt get that kinda mileage!

I got news for ya.. I did:)

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Let us know when you find out who was messing with you.
The laws of physics rule. No disrespect intended.
over and out,
JW

Update 4/17 --- Ryan and I have been yakking about this and he is studying it pretty hard. There is a mystery to be solved here and we are all interested.
JW

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread