OMG, Can this be so?

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Please read this first

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36585

I just had my codes read and I had two codes pertaining to the fact that I have my ProChamber installed. No big deal. I'll get some MILs. On the other hand I have another problem.

I recently posted a message in the New Edge Cobra Forum some of you may of seen about average miles per gallon http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36434.

The reason why I posted this message is because I got an extremely high average mpg. I averaged 29. To try to make the long story short I thought something was wrong. Ever since my check engine light has come on my fuel gauge has been stuck on Full. I drove 120 miles and figured I would fill up to see if the fuel gauge was some how stuck
TO MY SUPRISE the Cobra would only hold 2.56 Gallons:eek: What in the heck is going on??? I'm not complaining. I guess that makes sense why my gas gauge was 'stuck' on full. BECAUSE IT WAS FULL! But why after 120 miles did I only put 2.56 gallons of fuel in my car? I was basically at the gas station saying, "WHY WHY WHY" as a spilled gas onto the floor. I'm very confused. Since the light on my ProChamber came on could this be making my car get like 30 miles to the gallon:shrug:

Trust me, I'm just as confused as you are.

Anyone else experience this problem before witht he check engine light comes on related to no CATS??

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not complaining with the 30 miles per gallon, but I want an explaination besides I must be crazy:bash:

Cheers:bash:
Ryan

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
That's actually 46.8 MPG. Are you sure? Sounds fishy.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
twice. I'm not worryed about it. The computer in the Cobra can't be wrong. It said I drove 110 miles and I always reset the trip meter once I fill up. I put 2.56 gallons of gas in the Cobra.

You guys are just giving me a hard time because your jealous aren't ya:beer:

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I wish I got that many MPG. Maybe I need to ditch the Magnaflow and go with a Mac Prochamber. ;-)

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I do good to get 21-22. I usually only get 20 MPG.

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Are you sure your not actually driving a Honda Civic? ;-)

Last edited:

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Hey there Focker!!!! "Gaylord Focker???"

well I'll just ignore it this time. I guess I should of not had the clerk reset my computer. If it happens again, I will be back ti smear this message in your faces:)

But for real, if anyone has a solution feel free to PM me.

Cheers:beers: Glad a few of you got a good chunkle.
I'll drink to that one again :beer:

Ryan

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
Really, if you figure out what it is be sure and let us know. I'm always interested in doubling my MPG.

GIDIEUP

Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter
Really, if you figure out what it is be sure and let us know. I'm always interested in doubling my MPG.

If I figured it out I'll be designing a chip to flag that specific error message and I'll be making 200 bucks a head :):burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread