On3 tt or Paxton?

WIPLASH1

Established Member
Another reason to consider the turbo is if you're running a Paxton and you lose a belt, you're calling a tow truck. This happened to a local Paxton Coyote car. You can't just wrestle a belt into place, you're pulling the whole blower and most of the bracketry off the car (once the tow truck drops you off at home that is).

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Another reason to consider the turbo is if you're running a Paxton and you lose a belt, you're calling a tow truck. This happened to a local Paxton Coyote car. You can't just wrestle a belt into place, you're pulling the whole blower and most of the bracketry off the car (once the tow truck drops you off at home that is).

belts throwing from one of these cars Is few and far between, and if they are throwing belts, it's usually do to an installation error.

over 300 passes and never thrown a belt.

JP0814GT

Established Member
Paxton Novi 2200 if i had to pick between these two options.
Way more proven than on3..
When going turbo i wouldn't cheap out..

Last edited:

JP0814GT

Established Member
I wouldn't consider on3 due to it's lower quality component's. Its a newer car in my opinion on3 is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to turbo kits and you get what you pay for.
But i may have a higher standard than some. I love turbos but proven consistent quality components are important to me.
All turbos are not made equally in quality.

Last edited:

S197OnSpray

Established Member
Paxton is coming off this weekend and a modified On3 kit with twin Comp 6265 oil-less turbos are going on. Doing a swap on a kit that has already been installed/modified to fit and powdercoated stealth black so hoping the install goes very smoothly. The Paxton is very easy to install and makes good power. Where the Paxton can't compete is the part throttle boost. Turbos make daily driving a pleasure. While I won't be daily driving the Mustang, I do DD a Gen 1 Lightning 351W and I put a turbo on it just for that reason. No need to floor it or rev it up beyond 4500 rpm to get it moving through slower traffic.

Stevem17500

Established Member
Well not bash on turbos but i just saw a hellion turbo failure so....turbos probably fail more often than paxtons...come to think there has been more turbo blown motors than vortech or paxtons combined

robbinthehood

Established Member
Paxton's are proven but the install of the on3 is what's holding me back. I love turbos though. Maybe I'll find a way and save up enough for a CPR or jpc kit

stretchb

Established Member
has there actually been any turbo failures on the on3 kit with the 2011+ cars?

Josh Anderson from gas monkey the same guy that claimed he had cracked header also claimed turbo was causing some smoke. he never sent the turbo back to on3 and never presented pics of the cracked header.

as far as turbos, s/c any brand will fail ?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Josh Anderson from gas monkey the same guy that claimed he had cracked header also claimed turbo was causing some smoke. he never sent the turbo back to on3 and never presented pics of the cracked header.

as far as turbos, s/c any brand will fail ?

well after seeing the shotty cars they build......

yea anything can fail. i just look at you towards having successful passes. you did say you had to modify some stuff on the kit though right? im sure its the same as some off the paxton kit that i had to modify b/c it fit like shit. never gonna get ANY kit that is EXACLY the same as the original.

Last edited:

itSSlow98

Established Member
Well not bash on turbos but i just saw a hellion turbo failure so....turbos probably fail more often than paxtons...come to think there has been more turbo blown motors than vortech or paxtons combined

Yea I saw a guy blow a motor once too....now i push my car everywhere instead of risking it. :dw:

90coupe5oh

Established Member

Maybe because all the turbo cars make more power.........:burn:

Turbosixx

Established Member
If you guys ever watch a boost gauge with a supercharger vs a turbo you'd see why a turbo is so much faster. A turbo will make peak boost earlier and hold that amount through the whole rpm range (provided the wastegate flows properly).

Yellow03snake

Established Member
I was faced with this decision just over a week ago, was dead set on a Paxton, but very curious about the on3 kit. I was ready to buy the Paxton but the timing just wasn't there as I knew the prices were going up on the Paxton and I missed the deadline by a matter of hours. I got the base On3 kit for substantially less

There's 2 other TT on3 cars here in STL that I know of and they haven't had any problems, I plan on pushing mine a lil harder and will be giving reviews as I go through everything.

Users who are viewing this thread