On3 tt or Paxton?

OG_

Established Member
How's the customer service w/ On3? How does it compare to other companies like say...Hellion or JPC?

CPRsm

Well not bash on turbos but i just saw a hellion turbo failure so....turbos probably fail more often than paxtons...come to think there has been more turbo blown motors than vortech or paxtons combined
Generally is someone is going turbo they are pushing stuff. Your average blower owner is content w safe power. Turbo owners you will find more often than not have an addictive behavior. Same reason turbo projects take longer as well. More upgrades at the same time. Not just installing it on a stock motor and going on their way. Case in point: 2 customers already making over 900rwhp are already looking to sleeve blocks because they want more. Niether have been running even 3 months. For the most part turbo owners are just a bat shit crazy.
<--This guy included lol

itSSlow98

Established Member
Generally is someone is going turbo they are pushing stuff. Your average blower owner is content w safe power. Turbo owners you will find more often than not have an addictive behavior. Same reason turbo projects take longer as well. More upgrades at the same time. Not just installing it on a stock motor and going on their way. Case in point: 2 customers already making over 900rwhp are already looking to sleeve blocks because they want more. Niether have been running even 3 months. For the most part turbo owners are just a bat shit crazy.

<--This guy included lol

Your right. It's always very tempting to turn a knob and double the boost lol

dlaude

Established Member
<--This guy included lol

Oh okay, so it's just a matter of pushing it too far, and that's easier to do with a turbo. Thanks for explaining it.

D.T.R

Established Member
<--This guy included lol

my car hasn't even ran yet, and i'm already sort of planning sleeving my aluminator later down the road... :D

gstboy69

Established Member
I was faced with this decision just over a week ago, was dead set on a Paxton, but very curious about the on3 kit. I was ready to buy the Paxton but the timing just wasn't there as I knew the prices were going up on the Paxton and I missed the deadline by a matter of hours. I got the base On3 kit for substantially less

There's 2 other TT on3 cars here in STL that I know of and they haven't had any problems, I plan on pushing mine a lil harder and will be giving reviews as I go through everything.

Greetings, did it install kit On3 tt to your car?:burn:

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Greetings, did it install kit On3 tt to your car?:burn:

Haven't had time to start on it yet, wife has me doing kitchen remodels and flooring projects lol, I have whole lot of time off work in Feb. so I should be able to knock it out by the end of the month :beer:

DNT H8

Established Member
I think what we are missing is someone actually doing a how to with pictures for the On3 to make us more comfortable, No visuals with this in our community.

gstboy69

Established Member
Haven't had time to start on it yet, wife has me doing kitchen remodels and flooring projects lol, I have whole lot of time off work in Feb. so I should be able to knock it out by the end of the month :beer:

ajjaaja very good, I'm in the same boat, but I have not made a decision on which of the two kit I will buy. You will not have some pictures available?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
<--This guy included lol

Whoa, whoa, whoa... You're calling us bat shit crazy? AND ADDICTIVE!?!?!

potnkettle_zps6bc6c045.jpg

At least we're open about it!! :banana: :D

CPRsm

You know what I'm talking about lol.
To know it, is to embrace it. I wouldn't be able to recognize it so easily if I wasn't the president, chairman and CEO of bat shit crazy lol

Justin81

Established Member
I'd like to weigh in with an opinion that's a little off base but maybe helpful.

I've had 10 seconed Grand Nationals my whole life. Right now I have an '04 GT 2V Mustang. It has an incredible Full optioned Hellion Turbo kit with pretty much every upgrade available. Procharger BOV, Best Turbo smart waste gate, $500 Electronic wastegate and boost controller, Procharger intercooler, Billet wheel 76mm Turbonetics Upgrade etc.....

It's a headache. Luckily, I haven't had many issues with it and it's been pretty reliable. The piping is all over the place, Vacuum lines and little solenoid trinkets everywhere and there is no room in the engine compartment without taking half the kit off. The performance of the car is incredible but only when your under boost. With no boost it feels like a 200hp 2V Mustang. It doesn't sound good. When you open the Cutout it sounds like an obnoxious Vacuum cleaner. With the converter loose the street ability stinks but with the converter tight it slow to spool which is awful. I cross my fingers every time this car is at full boost wondering if a line or hose is going to pop. Or a head gasket for that matter lol. Another thing is that the power comes in so hard and fast that instead of a nice controlled launch it just goes straight into a 100+mph burnout on the street. It's like unpredictable power I guess. I couldn't imagine having a "questionable" quality turbo kit with Chinese Turbo's failing and contaminating the oil with metal or Overseas Wastegates with failing springs. I have no experience with the cheaper ON3 kit but I'm leary of the $8-10k Hellion kit. I'd be like a whore sweating in Church with the ON3 kit.

On my '13 with a M6 I'm going with a Paxton or Vortech. I believe it's going to be a simple Bolt on item that will be a reliable piece and make just as much power but cheaper and more controlled. I hope it works out that way at least

Edit*

My advice to the OP is this.... If your looking to bolt on a power adder, close the hood and go have fun than the Supercharger is the way to go. If you have a bunch of money to spend and a local shop nearby to Dyno and maintain it than a high end turbo is a great choice.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
<--This guy included lol

QFT, lol!

from what I understand.
intercooler mod and downpipe support brackets.

The downpipe support brackets aren't really a mod, well they sort of are you have to add them yourself as specified in the instructions. The Hellion kit comes with them and I imagine Fluid/ Motiva does as well.

Not sure if anybody has actually done the IC mod I mentioned, or even if it would be a benefit? I just noticed some extremely abrupt 'bends' off the IC and figured it sure couldn't hurt to smooth those out. Already got a quote from a local shop to do it when the parts show up.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
For the IC elbows I filled the "long side" with an epoxy in an effort to make a smoother corner. It may or may not make a difference I'll never know, but I had to do something. On another note plenty of people have gone fast and made good power without touching them, Larry included.

Users who are viewing this thread