on3performance single turbo kit install begin

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
wow i wish i knew about this kit before i sunk 5k on my kb, looks good cant wait to see the numbers it puts down.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
It's 1:40 am and I am Moro done. Yeah baby yeah. I use same vband that I broke with different nut. All hot pipe done. I will not want to work on my car after this for long long time. I am tired, happy, sad ......

2morrow when my wife gets home from work I will fire her up. Video comming 2morrow night if she starts.

What do u guy think , can I drive around the block without getting into boost ? My car have dyno tune for cams. Should I put back to stock tune or leave it with tune.
Going to have dyno tune Thursday .

One sad part is I took front sway bar out when I install this kit , I try to put it back but there is no room for it. I guess its UPR k member . Do you guys think I can maybe put few more spacers on k-member bolt to lower k-member ? It will fit if I lower my k-member for sure. Need to lower about half to inch .

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Nope, your going to need some sort of a base tune for that PMAS and blow through setup. Most likely it wont even idle without it being tuned for blow through.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
WOW thats weird about the sway bar. I have a HUGE saleen sway bar and my has plenty of clearence =(

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
IMG_1225.jpg

Here you can see hotpipe touching k-member( near arm )
IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Just started. Fist try it died but 2nd time fired right up. Uploading video.....

Video time baby

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14UFTXsNwQ"]YouTube - MVI 1227[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RgwIi_8PXY"]YouTube - MVI 1228[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLR4On5Vo3I"]YouTube - MVI 1230[/ame]

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
or my wideband was not hot yet ? Should I call my tuner and ask for base tune so I can drive to him on dyno day ?

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
or my wideband was not hot yet ? Should I call my tuner and ask for base to so I can drive to him on dyno day ?

even when the wideband is cold it shouldnt be that lean at idle. 14.9-15.1 is normal when not under load or at idle. it should drop according to how much load is put on the engine/throttle. When it hits boost at wot it should drop to 11.5 and stay there. Have you tried driving it yet? If its not making any odd noises from the exhaust, and idles smooth, then it should be ok to just take down the road to check it out. If its idling really rough you dont need to drive it without a base tune. But if its idling smooth, check the fuel pressure and make sure its right then drive it. If its running smooth, wide band stays below 15.5 while cruising, and doesnt try to die on you when you give it some gas, then it should be ok to drive to the tuner as long as you stay out of boost. Id pull the spark plugs and take a look at them to make sure there ok too.

White04GT

Established Member
I would just have it towed to the shop. After all that hard work you have done do you want to blow the motor before you can even enjoy it?

wcjr

Established Member
I would just have it towed to the shop. After all that hard work you have done do you want to blow the motor before you can even enjoy it?

Agreed, to be safe get a base tune or get it towed. It is alot cheaper than another motor.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Plan change from thursday , tunning on wednesday. Tuner is comming with trailer on Wednesday, oh man I am excited.

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
You also gotta remember blow through will lean your setup out. Plus there is so little air going past the meter at idle, your actually probably not that lean. But better safe than sorry. Good luck on the tune!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
You also gotta remember blow through will lean your setup out. Plus there is so little air going past the meter at idle, your actually probably not that lean. But better safe than sorry. Good luck on the tune!

yea better safe than sorry. The wideband doesnt know what kind of maf setup hes running though. Id bet it really is that lean...

Users who are viewing this thread