on3performance single turbo kit install begin

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Dyno went bad. Before turbo I was at 297rwhp and with turbo it only pull 5.5 psi and made 347rwhp and 365torque. Best they got is 367 out of 5.5 psi.
My tuner told me that my cams are hurting me as it's comp cam 270xe cam , my svt fuel pump at 95 % so pump is not enough. I have seen people make more then 400rwhp with svt focus pump but no luck here.

Another thing my tuner suggest is to change to Lighting mar with mafia. He said Pmas is ****

I was thinking to make well over 400rwhp with only 6psi but fu++ didn't happen. I will need to get cobra twin pump and up the boost to 8-10 psi.

I am sad , very sad but I did some pull on the way home and it scared me, cannot wait to see high boost.. Video

Vegas was at 97* temperature

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovetorace

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
pretty sure the lightning maf wont work with blow thru. U should get an 05+ slot style sensor with a mafia on it. Single focus pump on a turbo setup wont push enough, but you could add a boost a pump to it and upgrade the fuel lines instead of having to do the cobra pumps just yet.

03screamingSVT

Established Member
I would put any amount of money on the fact that someone has given you a focus pump instead of the actual SVT FOCUS pump. The SVT pump is a 250lph pump and there is no way with 36# injectors you could be running at 95% duty cycle. The On 3 car runs a svt pump, not sure what duty cycle is but its a daily driver and I know its safe. Im just guessing but I bet whoever sold you the pump gave you a regular focus pump(assuming you upgraded injectors as I didnt see anything in your mod list)

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Forgot to add I have 60lb injector. I will update my mod list. My tuner has cobra tank with pump in it and he will sell me for 300. What you think ? How much work involve to install that tank ? Do i have to mod fuel lines ?

Last edited:

03screamingSVT

Established Member
$300 for the complete tank and pumps? Thats a good deal I would say

The thing is that the svt focus pump should support what you have going on, I would make sure you have that pump first. Because all you have to do is drop in the correct pump and you are in business

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
sorry to say, but that PMAS is far suppior to a lightning meter with a mafia. at 592 i'm only at 3.7v on my maf. Also what did you realy expect on 5.5psi? chads test car only made 440 on 10psi. At 5psi that turbo isnt doing shit. Dont be dissapointed in your numbers. my KB on 8psi made 396. You need to put a stiffer spring in the wastegate and shoot for around 8 psi. Who tuned your car? Seems he gave you some bad advice.

Just my .02

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
The thing is he knows he sh*t . He tune and drive 03 cobra and holds few records. He was the one went 9 sec with stock cobra blower e.t.c

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
hmmm well good luck with whatever u decide. but i have a hard time believing your maxing your maf out.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I am not maxing out on maf , did I even say that ? I said my tuner don't like pmas maf and he thinks it's shit. Hard to tune and never 100 on the tune . He had to lower my motor from 281ci to 89ci to make maf work. I said I am running out on svt fuel pump, as chad said maybe it not svt focus pump. I will check if I got focus pump and not svt focus.
If 300 for cobra tank and pump I might just buy that.

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
WOW easy there tiger. Its just weird my tuner had 0 problems tuning my PMAS. I know quite a few people up here running turbo cobras, ditched the SCT and mafias for pmas.

Oh well. Hopefully it all works out for you

864svt