Once, Twice, Leave Me Alone

TVSCobra

Established Member
My wife used to own an 07 RSX with the turbo 4cylinder with ivtec. There was this riced out integra in the left lane (four lane highway) speed limit 55. We just had left the light and caught up to him.

No traffic ahead of us and the highway is out in the middle of nowhere after the light.

She was driving and I was giving her instruction on how to get him to bite. He looked over and she pointed forward and he was game. She hooked 3 times and we where off. We started around 45 mph and around 75 we had 3-4 cars on him. I was laughing my ass off.

He would never get close to use after that.

Anyway I think this thread is Smackdown bound............:pop:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
you beat him off the line in an AWD car in cold weather.. good kill there.. BUT the car vs car, yeah... sorry but your definitely in a SLOWER vehicle.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Your car beat the Vette, and the Vette driver was probably more pissed about you shaking your head and giving him thumbs down than anything else. Want to race my Buick at the track? Afterwards I could make a thread about beating some cocky Acura driver with my old and ragged 4-5k dollar Buick. It's all in perspective.

AC 5.0

Established Member
Has anybody mentioned that the thread starter sounds like a huge douche? Lol

Holy cow, dude. How much more of a ricer d-bag can you be?

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Has anybody mentioned that the thread starter sounds like a huge douche?

Try reading the first page.

I'm with most people on here, good race and I support your win, but what in your mind gives you the idea to give a corvette the thumbs down and tell him you've never been impressed with those cars when you're in a TL?

MARK C

Established Member
OP....come on, thumbs down......dick move if I ever saw one. Then to brag about on this fourm. My money's on the 90 year lady, paddle shifting just as fast as you douche! Bragging about paddle shifting...what next, you can roll down the window faster then the guy in the vette also?

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Your car beat the Vette, and the Vette driver was probably more pissed about you shaking your head and giving him thumbs down than anything else. Want to race my Buick at the track? Afterwards I could make a thread about beating some cocky Acura driver with my old and ragged 4-5k dollar Buick. It's all in perspective.

That makes no sense. The Acura is not a track car. Has for your 4-5K Buick I'm not understanding that one either. Your to far away, however if you were closer then hey we could do that. I have a 84 Stang that I didn't even pay 4-5K for that would gladly run you with. That way you can say you beat a cocky Mustang Driver that likes to talk junk about his old 84. For those that get butt hurt and tempermental about the thumbs down, learn to live with it.

I'm allowed to do whatever I want in the course of a race and to any car out there. Nothing vulgar like the middle finger but you get the thumbs down on a regular. Actually I think the window comes down faster in the Ack then the Z. Need to time them. Might have another win under my belt.

Has for Paddle Shifting, once the car is in SPORT mode it is shifted that way. Did I ever say I was the best. Naw but since you take a comical story and get upset because the price of the Vette is more than the Ack. The Vette is faster than the Ack so be it. Just a race that I had but the story should have went like this.

Caught a B.S. Corvette on the street the other night. Pulled up beside him and looked over at the car with a total lack of respect. Give him the beating he needed from a light with that might Acura TL SH-AWD HPC. Snatched him out the gate like the garbage car he was. Showed him the taillights up to 80mph. Hurt his pride so much he wanted to try it again because the woman he had in there realized she wasn't in a real sports car.

Pull up to the next light and he jumps to the far right to get his ass handed to him again by the marvelous TL. Left a tad early but it didn't make a difference, that garbage didn't have a chance anyway. Threw the emergency flashers on because he needed help back there chasing the VTEC while slapped the paddle shifter with pinpoint precision. Took him up to 80 again chasing taillights. Now I have named my car the Vette Killer. Hunting Vettes all day everyday.

Yeah your all right. That's a much better story. Don't know what came over me:rockon:

Stinger2011

Established Member
Lol. One of these days i'm gonna have to do a dig race with my buddy's Turbo LS1 Miata and shut down at 5 mph so I can brag/troll on a forum about beating it.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
You tell people to live with your actions, but you continue to post and defend yourself in an effort to make people be less harsh on you. Kind of ironic huh? I promise you this, if you don't post about socially innapropriate racing etiquette on a car enthusiast forum, the members of SVTP will leave you be.

BTW, I live in Minnesota, and awhile back I saw a Mustang that was unable to get up an icy hill near my house. My Subaru was able to get up it without any issues and my 4-speed automatic did a much better job of keeping forward momentum than his car. Wait, should that story be it's own thread or do you think people probably don't give a shit?

edit: Don't worry about your Acura not being a dedicated track car. Nor is my Buick, but seeing as how they are both daily driven sedans, I thought it was a fairly good comparison. I was going to challenge a prius to a contest completely irrevelant to anything Toyota related and then give them a thumbs down for wasting my time, but I could always pencil you in.

Last edited:

SlowYellow

Established Member
That makes no sense. The Acura is not a track car. Has for your 4-5K Buick I'm not understanding that one either. Your to far away, however if you were closer then hey we could do that. I have a 84 Stang that I didn't even pay 4-5K for that would gladly run you with. That way you can say you beat a cocky Mustang Driver that likes to talk junk about his old 84. For those that get butt hurt and tempermental about the thumbs down, learn to live with it.

I'm allowed to do whatever I want in the course of a race and to any car out there. Nothing vulgar like the middle finger but you get the thumbs down on a regular. Actually I think the window comes down faster in the Ack then the Z. Need to time them. Might have another win under my belt.

Has for Paddle Shifting, once the car is in SPORT mode it is shifted that way. Did I ever say I was the best. Naw but since you take a comical story and get upset because the price of the Vette is more than the Ack. The Vette is faster than the Ack so be it. Just a race that I had but the story should have went like this.

Caught a B.S. Corvette on the street the other night. Pulled up beside him and looked over at the car with a total lack of respect. Give him the beating he needed from a light with that might Acura TL SH-AWD HPC. Snatched him out the gate like the garbage car he was. Showed him the taillights up to 80mph. Hurt his pride so much he wanted to try it again because the woman he had in there realized she wasn't in a real sports car.

Pull up to the next light and he jumps to the far right to get his ass handed to him again by the marvelous TL. Left a tad early but it didn't make a difference, that garbage didn't have a chance anyway. Threw the emergency flashers on because he needed help back there chasing the VTEC while slapped the paddle shifter with pinpoint precision. Took him up to 80 again chasing taillights. Now I have named my car the Vette Killer. Hunting Vettes all day everyday.

Yeah your all right. That's a much better story. Don't know what came over me:rockon:

You sir, are a douche bag.

That is all.

Ditty

Established Member
This is like me racing any other vehicle on the road and getting a jump on it in my 8000lb truck, and shutting down before hitting 2nd gear.

You, sir, are a homo-ricer-***. Sadly, it isn't legal to run people like you into ditches and guardrails to get you off of the road.

nycarpenter

Established Member
So the weekend passed and I was coming back from out of town. It's 32* outside and I'm cruising along minding my business. Thinking about how boring things are since it's cold outside and passing a few cars coming down the main road heading home.

Listening to the few XM channels that I use (much overrated) what is this I see. Four round lights, two on each side, low to the ground, nice pipes coming out the middle, ragtop. Oh well nothing better to do. I pull up besided an 08 convertible Vette. Why not nothing else to do. I'm driving my 09 TL SH AWD HPC (long name isn't it, order parts for it lol) with a few bolt ons nothing major.

Speed limit is 45 and we're on a 3 lane road. It's a little after 11 p.m. and not many cars. I pull up beside him and look over and stare the car up and down. Guy looks to be in his 50s or so and has a younger woman with him. I then give the disrespectful head shake and pull up a little past him. I hear the downshift then a few revs of the motor and he smiles. Yeah game time. Now I have no chance but hey why not. Never will I try him from a roll, no need the V6 doesn't need to be abused like that.

We come to the first light and I look at him and give another head shake. Look around and point to the light. Pull the car down to Sport Mode and waiting on the light to change. I roll my window down to hear the Vette clearly because the car sounds great. Sitting with my left foot on the brake to hold the car from moving my right foot is covering the gas.

Now I know I had to cut at least a .415 light at a minimum because I was out before the bottom bulb fully light up. I hear the Vette exhaust screaming and then rev limiter. I can see the car dancing in my side mirror and he is working things out back there. Hit the paddle shift at 6.3 and get a perfect 6.5 shift by the trans. I see the headlights coming quick and hear the 2nd gear shift (he should have brought the auto because his gear changing is worst than 80 year olds having sex). Looking at the tach I rip off another perfect shift with the paddle. At about 80 mph he has walked me down and almost at my back bumper when I give him the brakes. He blows by but not before seeing that I got out of it ( besides the speed limit is 45) so no run down for you.

He slows down in front of me and when I get back beside him, he's piped up in 2nd gear and the car is drowing my little V6 out lol. He taps the gas a few times and the car jumps forward. We cruise about another mile down the road and I'm gauging the light that is forth coming. I point up and to it and he is really game now. The female on the side looks like she is really enjoying herself ( I would to if I was in a Vette). I'm in the far right lane with a car in the middle lane at the light. The Vette breaks quickly to the far left lane and gets ready. Boy does he look serious now.

I'm in the right lane and looking at the cross lights judging this one. The car in the middle of us is a blue Camry SE about 2010. Cross light goes red, 1 one thousand 2 one thousand and I nail it. Now someone must have set the timer wrong on these lights because I left a tad bit early. Can't get out of it so I'm in the middle of the intersection befor the light changes. Vette leaves for the chase and is peddling 1st gear for traction. Gets out of it and back in which has the car spinning going in the right lane. Perfect shift again at 6.5 and the Ack is screaming around redline. Vette shifts 2nd and has straightened up but looks like a short shift. I paddle shift to 3rd and have about 6 cars on him (so what I left early he has a V8) this time he is pulling hard and I shooting for 80mph.

78 mph and he is coming hard. I don't think I can hold him off until 80 mph so I hit brakes and throw on the emergency flashers. He looks at me has he is passing and wow is he moving. He slows down and pulls up next to me. I roll the window down and point at him with the thumb down. He yells out I was just getting started. I replied yeah you might have caught me eventually but I have never been impressed by those cars. He shakes his head and rolls into the throttle pulling away. I roll my window back up and turn the heater up because I didn't realize I let all my heat out playing around lol. Cold streets, no traction, and a poor driver has me feeling good about the Ack. Poor Vette lol, on a hot day it would have been interesting. Daily driver is not to bad. :thumbsup:

I one time beat a Bugatti Veyron but then I realized the car was parked :0 At 78 you heard him coming hard. You rip off another perfect shift with an auto paddle LMFAO :)

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Wow..at a loss for words...giving a vette the "thumbs down" aka your car suxs is slow..etc..very douchey IMHO.

Do you have the right to do it??? Absolutely...just like the SVTP crowd has the right to call it a douchebag move...

TVSCobra

Established Member
Damn we are still in road kill???
This should have been in smackdown days ago......

Mystic Z-28

I like guys sphincter
Established Member
Lol did someone that drives a TL really just say that Vettes don't impress him? And I fully agree with everyone that has called you a ricer/douche. You are one, big time. You instigated the race and then give him a thumbs down for taking the challenge? You're lucky he didn't give YOU the thumbs down when he looked over and saw your slow POS TL wanting to race him.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
O.P, the hazzards were not needed or the thumbs down. That's what made you look like a douche and a ricer. The hazzard lights aren't used to let someone know you won, it's only obvious who's in the front and who's behind UNLESS you are being recorded from behind (even then it's stupid). Go to the track, use your hazzard lights, and see what happens.

P.S I have shitted on Accord's and TL's in my Maxima, Vette owner was just having fun. I bet he didn't think he was gonna run against a douche.

Last edited:

trevkm7

Established Member
I remember a thread a while back about someone getting their ass beat and arrested for fighting if IIRC...I could be wrong but was that you?

edit- It was you,now I can just imagine the cop slamming his knee into your back cuz your such a douche lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread