One AMAZING Cobra for $26k

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Wow... I mean honestly it does not look bad, wheels can be changed but is this guy serious..

CobraJay

Established Member
The wheels are terrible! I hate green and I hate tan Interior unless its a luxury car lol...but $15k for that supercharger and $10k for THOSE wheels!!? Sheesh...

BAD351W

Established Member
Is anybody in the area? They can go over there and check the car out, act like an interested buyer. Then start pulling out Vortech price sheets and kelly blue book rates.

OBGT

Moving On Up!
Established Member
35k brand new in '97, 15k for supercharger, and 10k for wheels....either the guy is easily ripped off or smoking something

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
maybe $15k in parts. Vortech kit alone is like what, $4500? built motor i could see for a good $5k. T56+install kit for SN95 is like $3k right? then another $2k for all other odds and ends.

if he had a "shop" do the work though they probably ran him through the ringer when it came to labor.

or you can just ask for reciepts and go from there. if he thinks hes getting $26k for it though he is tripping hardcore. If someone really wanted that green color Cobra though and with 33k miles on the chassis and there was absolutely no other cobra in the area close enough in the right price range, and the buyer wanted it that week, i could see someone justifying it. Rest of us though, nope.

web305

Established Member
This car looks exactly like one I've seen at englishtown a couple of times, but when I last saw it it had Boyd Codington wheels on it. I do remeber the chrome splitter, the "R" below the cobra emblem, and the 3" tips coming out the side. I guess the previous owner sold it to someone in florida but in the pics it has ny plates. If it is the same car it is very clean but not for 26k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't blame a guy for trying to get what HE thinks the car is worth, even if it is wishful thinking. How much a buyer is willing to give him will determine what it is really worth. If I was interested in this car I'd want to see receipts to verify his claim of $60K in mods. And he originally paid $35K for this car and he's the original owner? How did he pay that much? I thought the 1997 Cobra convertibles sold for around $30K.

KBB for a 1997 Cobra convertible in excellent condition is $5,605.

It's usually very tough to get this kind of money for a car like this. Not impossible if the right buyer comes along. Back in 2001 I put my 1994 Camaro up for sale. It had been heavily modified by Callaway Cars. It had every one of their catalog options except for the C8 body (engine, interior, exhaust, wheels, brakes, suspension). So a lot of money was invested on my end. I had no idea what the car was really worth and it was in excellent condition overall, so I listed it for $30K hoping to get that much. A guy from Florida quickly jumped on it and agreed to pay that price as I wouldn't budge. Well, a year later he tried to sell it and couldn't even get $9K. Was the car really worth the $30K he gave me? To him at the time, yes. To anyone else? Apparently not, because he couldn't find the person to give him what he was looking for. I was very fortunate to get what I did I guess. And, by the way, the guy was absolutely thrilled to get my car for that $30K. He probably would have paid a few thousand more because he absolutely had to have it because he had heard of my car through the Super Chevy Show circuit. So you never know.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
I live in South Florida and the guy claims it is a prototype Vortec or some garbage. He also said he owns 17 car dealers. Got real tough talk through e-mail with my buddy who called him out about the work done to the car. He is probably some salesman trying to find a sucker...

Users who are viewing this thread