One angry Marine......team America, **** YEAH!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is frustration and anger IMO, not motivation. I totally understand the utter frustration and sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns. But motivational? I don't think so. That said....GO ARMY!! :rockon:

blackfang

Established Member
Not a Marine. And completely unprofessional.

From someone who is a Marine.

Are you serious?:lol1: I guess the Marines have grown soft since I got out in 03. I have seen far worse ass chewings from Company Gunny's and First Sergeants than this sweet talk with a few expletives thrown in there during my time in the Marines. Hell our Drill Instructors were 10 times worse.

He is motivating them. You can motivate someone in various ways. He is telling those people to un**** themselves, do their damn job and to stand up for themselves.

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
Are you serious?:lol1: I guess the Marines have grown soft since I got out in 03. I have seen far worse ass chewings from Company Gunny's and First Sergeants than this sweet talk with a few expletives thrown in there during my time in the Marines. Hell our Drill Instructors were 10 times worse.

He is motivating them. You can motivate someone in various ways. He is telling those people to un**** themselves, do their damn job and to stand up for themselves.

and stand up for their country

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
i'm sure he tried motivational speech A, B and C and they're not listening. maybe the guy just wants to go home and see his family in one piece.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member

I'm sorry, did it appear that I was joking? Hate to break it to you, but without being in that formation and knowing those men, you don't have a flying ****ing clue if they were motivated or not. You should know that.

The Marine Corp has grown soft. And it will continue to do so. Just the way things go right now. That doesn't necessarily mean ass chewings have gone away, but it doesn't mean they aren't professional anymore, either. Perhaps you missed it, but those drill instructors of yours were professional. They were trying to teach you how to be a leader, even of piss poor comrades like those Iraqi's. One other thing that won't change is the 10% that slip through the cracks, just like that Army dog, and just like you. Unfortunately, I know you understand what I'm talking about.

Boss002

Established Member
def not a marine, but i like it! and unprofessional, maybe to paper pushing brass wearing people, that is what the military is

blackfang

Established Member
I'm sorry, did it appear that I was joking? Hate to break it to you, but without being in that formation and knowing those men, you don't have a flying ****ing clue if they were motivated or not. You should know that.
And neither were you. How do you know that his Soldiers were not getting killed or coming under attack more because those Iraqi's failed to do their job. How do you know if he has lost Soldiers because some of those Iraqi's while in that formation are more loyal to the insurgency than their fellow policemen? Maybe he is tired of being shot up and dealing with IED's and is tired of them not doing their job and has tried every other motivating speech.
You don't, so STFU and do not criticize the guy whose job is to train the very people who also support the insurgency and be the same person that puts two in your chest! I am not debating they were motivated or not. I am simply stating that motivation comes in many forms to attempt a person to do better and guess what? Sometimes it comes in the form of an ass chewing.

During my time in the military, I have seen my Team Leader, Squad Leader, Platoon Sergeant, Company Guns and 1stSgt give out the same ass chewings. Some had worse content and some had less.

The Marine Corp has grown soft. And it will continue to do so. Just the way things go right now. That doesn't necessarily mean ass chewings have gone away, but it doesn't mean they aren't professional anymore, either. Perhaps you missed it, but those drill instructors of yours were professional. They were trying to teach you how to be a leader, even of piss poor comrades like those Iraqi's. One other thing that won't change is the 10% that slip through the cracks, just like that Army dog, and just like you. Unfortunately, I know you understand what I'm talking about.

Most ass chewings are and never were professional. Counselings are, but sometimes ass chewings are needed. You are so contradictory it is not funny. Marine Drill Instructors are professional and the guy in the OP's video is not? Here tell me if this is professional
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoeGvn6MAY"]YouTube - Drill Instructor Ambush[/nomedia]

Tell me what the difference is between what a Drill Instructor does and what that Soldier was doing, both of whom train individuals? Tell me where in that the DI's were teaching that kid to be a leader? They weren't. He was being verbally corrected for not acknowledging that Marine and giving the greeting of the day.

Look I am not downing Drill Instructors as i know very well what they go through. They have a tough job of taking that undisciplined civilian and molding them into a basically trained Marine. However, there is a difference between what a DI gets to work with and what that Soldier in the video has to work with. A DI does not get a foreign national whose background and loyalty can not be verified and they do not have to train in a combat zone and go into combat together.

Now I will address one last thing that is in bold. I love how you refer to me being the 10% when you have absolutely no clue as to what I did for my time in the Military. My successful B billet, promotions, job assignments, Top Secret clearance, and my FitReps say otherwise so **** off.:lol1: Just shows that you don't know anything but diarrhea of the mouth. I won't criticize your SRB, because there is no need to. I guess that makes you as bad as the guy in the video eh?:D

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
How do you know that his Soldiers were not getting killed or coming under attack more because those Iraqi's failed to do their job. How do you know if he has lost Soldiers because some of those Iraqi's while in that formation are more loyal to the insurgency than their fellow policemen? Maybe he is tired of being shot up and dealing with IED's and is tired of them not doing their job and has tried every other motivating speech.
That's your reasoning for being unprofessional? You must not understand the very meaning of the term, no one said it's easy.

I am not debating they were motivated or not.
Sure you are, right here...

He is motivating them.
:shrug:

I am simply stating that motivation comes in many forms to attempt a person to do better and guess what? Sometimes it comes in the form of an ass chewing.
No one is debating that. Maybe you haven't understood the thread, but it's his lack of professionalism that's being questioned.

Here tell me if this is professionalYouTube - Drill Instructor Ambush
Tell me what the difference is between what a Drill Instructor does and what that Soldier was doing, both of whom train individuals?
The difference is one is real and one is a joke, using a hidden camera belonging to one of those DI's, I'm assuming. I certainly never saw any nonsense camera's like that, though.

Tell me where in that the DI's were teaching that kid to be a leader?
Them being professional in yelling at that recruit like that is debatable, filming it and maybe showing it off to their buddies is not. There's going to be some verbal correction anytime you don't give the proper greeting of the day. Duh.

However, there is a difference between what a DI gets to work with and what that Soldier in the video has to work with.
Just in case you forgot, you brought up drill instructors. Not me.

My successful B billet, promotions, job assignments, Top Secret clearance, and my FitReps say otherwise
Job well done. :rollseyes

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
An oldie but a goodie, too bad motivational speeches don't work on those people, they are and always be helpless in my opinion... Soon as we leave Iraq will be open season to Iran.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Did anyone read the news article yesterday where ours guys were training some Afghans and one opened fired and I think killed 6 of our troops? Supposedly a Taliban militant who got a uniform. There is no point wasting our time with these people. They are going to **** it ALL up once we leave. Shit is so unbalanced that these people are too easily bribed by corruption that it's a waste of time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread