Online Business Owners What Promos Worked For You?

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
As some of you may know I just started my iPhone repair business i-Rite.com | Apple iPhone Screen Repair Service and PC Services Richmond, VA | Washington, DC and I'm trying to think of ways to generate more traffic i.e. business by giving away something for free. I was thinking about giving away iPhone 4/4s screen protectors to the first 1000 people that like my site on Facebook. The issue I'm running into are the logistics of it, like collecting the mailing addresses and names and getting cheap mailing for the 1000 letters that need to go out, any help would be appreciated! Do you think this will be a successful marketing technique?

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
1000 sounds a bit much...might get expensive. Unless you have the capital to invest. The idea is good though, maybe just do 1st 500.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately, your Facebook page doesn't offer any of the great info found on your website. That's one of the weaknesses of Facebook page for a business. So the odds of someone actually going to your website after Liking your Facebook page might be pretty small. I would focus more on drawing people to your website through traditional advertising, because you're selling exception service.

Also, many iPhone users don't use screen protectors (me included), and you'd want it to be a really good one. Not a cheapie. Some sort of discount for a time period might be good. Just some thoughts. Advertising isn't cheap, but to succeed with a business you have to do some level of marketing/advertising. And since your business is local, you should focus on local advertising. What kind of ads are you placing, or planning to place, locally? Are you advertising in your local Yellow Pages?

In looking at your website, I quickly see that your "hooks" are the speed of your iPhone/iPad repairs and the fact that you have a wide range of repair services. It gives me all the info I need in a short browse. Nicely done! If I was on your website because I wanted an iPhone repair, it is highly likely I would use your company. So you need to find a good way to get people to your website. Getting people to Like your Facebook page might not get them to go to your website, especially if they don't need a repair. You want to grab people who DO need a repair. Some way to get their attention. Which is why I mentioned local Yellow Pages advertising (actual book and Internet). People needing an iPhone repair will typically either check their Yellow Pages directory or do a Google search. The trick is finding the creative means to get these people interested in YOUR company when they need that service. JMO.

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
Unfortunately, your Facebook page doesn't offer any of the great info found on your website. That's one of the weaknesses of Facebook page for a business. So the odds of someone actually going to your website after Liking your Facebook page might be pretty small. I would focus more on drawing people to your website through traditional advertising, because you're selling exception service.

Also, many iPhone users don't use screen protectors (me included), and you'd want it to be a really good one. Not a cheapie. Some sort of discount for a time period might be good. Just some thoughts. Advertising isn't cheap, but to succeed with a business you have to do some level of marketing/advertising. And since your business is local, you should focus on local advertising. What kind of ads are you placing, or planning to place, locally? Are you advertising in your local Yellow Pages?

In looking at your website, I quickly see that your "hooks" are the speed of your iPhone/iPad repairs and the fact that you have a wide range of repair services. It gives me all the info I need in a short browse. Nicely done! If I was on your website because I wanted an iPhone repair, it is highly likely I would use your company. So you need to find a good way to get people to your website. Getting people to Like your Facebook page might not get them to go to your website, especially if they don't need a repair. You want to grab people who DO need a repair. Some way to get their attention. Which is why I mentioned local Yellow Pages advertising (actual book and Internet). People needing an iPhone repair will typically either check their Yellow Pages directory or do a Google search. The trick is finding the creative means to get these people interested in YOUR company when they need that service. JMO.

Wow Bob that is a real thoughtful response I really appreciate the info and see if I can attack this from a different angle! Thanks

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're welcome. Let us know what direction you end up going in and what works best for you. I hope your business becomes a big success. I do think you're on to something with the way you have structured your service business and what you offer.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I did not look at your page I wouldnt just give stuff away. I would be more inclined to try a promo more along the lines of free screen protector when we repair your phone. Make it a loss leader, not a flat out loss.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I recently left my job at an online company, they spent a lot of time trying to boost their wording on the website to show up towards the top of a google search. There are certain keywords that you'll want to include so that google will bring YOUR site up ahead of your competition. I wish I could be of more help but I didn't work in that department, but they essentially spent very little on marketing and focused on improving hits to the website, seems like there would be services that could evaluate your current website and how to improve that. I wish you the best of luck :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread