Only offered $48k for a trade-in on my '14

BahnRunner

Established Member
$48k does sound pretty low. I just bought my 14' used a couple of weeks ago with 1,450 miles on the clock. It had every option on it except for glass roof and recaros. I payed $55,995 for it, mint condition and completely stock and that is over here in Germany. Supposedly they are worth a little more over here. I thought what I payed was a steal. Viper is a pretty bad ass car. Honestly if the market and availabilty over here wasn't limiting my purchase I would have picked up a C6Z06 or C7 instead. I jumped on the Shelby though because they are rare as hell over here and nearly impossible to find.

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
2013 vipers are still in $6 figure price range
Am I missing something

tw0scoops

Established Member
Maybe also take into account that it's the beginning of March. I think dealers usually hit a slump in sales around now, probably more so with sports cars, so maybe they don't want the Shelby sitting in the showroom for another few months while they're out 50k. Maybe not, but just a guess...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Maybe also take into account that it's the beginning of March. I think dealers usually hit a slump in sales around now, probably more so with sports cars, so maybe they don't want the Shelby sitting in the showroom for another few months while they're out 50k. Maybe not, but just a guess...

Yes and no.

Feb, Mar, April is prime selling season. Usually great months for dealers.

However Nov-Feb- sports oriented cars slow to a stand still

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I expect dealers to low ball for the most part, but that seems really low. What should a 2014 silver with black stripes, performance package, and Recaros bring on a trade? It only has 2,700 miles and is in mint condition.

I paid 58 and some change for my 2014 in December with electronics pack and stvpp. 3002$ under msrp and I sure as shit would walk right the **** out of that dealership and never return if they offered me sub 50k numbers for a 2014 Shelby GT500. That's insulting.

R1Lello

Established Member
some of you guys are funny, what do you expect to get - what you paid or near it?? You think dealers operate at a loss ??

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
some of you guys are funny, what do you expect to get - what you paid or near it?? You think dealers operate at a loss ??

Not at all. They are in it to make money. But I'm not in it to lose money either. Their are dealers that will work with you and not try to royally screw every last dime out of you. The ones that won't, I refuse to give them a cent.

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Why viper? Shelby is just as fast stock for stock and with a few mods can put a hurting on the viper...plus no backseat, and you lose the hair on your legs...

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate, dude. The Viper at 3354 pounds is quite a bit slimmer than the Shelby. Further, that aircraft carrier beneath the hood, with its Maxwell House can cylinders, is seething with 640 Clydesdales. Gearing and aerodynamics nothwithstanding, if you calculate the power-to-weight ratio of the Viper vs. the Shelby, a story somewhat different from dead even is told. Theoretically, the Viper *should* pull the Shelby. That said, theory is often invalidated by real world results. In other words, until they line up and there's footage to document the outcome, speculation prevails.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Viper is a killer car. Once they crack the ECU, the tuners will have a field day boosting the 8.4 motor. Until then, the GT500 to me remains one of the most tuner friendly cars around.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
+123012059185million... Blown V8 = Kate Upton riding sybian sex toy.
Viper V10 = Simba's first roar..

Im not a biblical scholar..but I believe somehwere in revelations
it says that when there is a Kate Upton, sex toy, Disney reference
in the same sentence, its a sign of the impending zombie apocolypse.

dom418

Established Member
Those of you who say Gt500>13 Viper are smoking something.

OP go to another dealer or sell outright. The only benefit I see to trading in is the tax break. They are out to take your money, that's their business. They are not going to give you top dollar for your car sorry.

Last edited:

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Im not a biblical scholar..but I believe somehwere in revelations
it says that when there is a Kate Upton, sex toy, Disney reference
in the same sentence, its a sign of the impending zombie apocolypse.

One could only hope... :-D

Last edited:

grobertx

Established Member
Those of you who say Gt500>13 Viper are smoking something.

OP go to another dealer or sell outright. The only benefit I see to trading in is the tax break. They are out to take your money, that's their business. They are not going to give you top dollar for your car sorry.

You might want to slow down a bit... At least in Texas taxes are substantial. Our auto tax is 6.25% which works out to $625 per $10K. $50K car (if paid off) traded in saves us $3125 in taxes on the new car... Make sure you compare everything before deciding. Bring in $50K cash down and you still owe another $3125...

KBB won't price a 2014 yet but a similar 2013 shows trade at $51K-53K. Should trade at $50K minimum on a 2013. Bottom line they are indeed low balling you at $48K on a 2014.

qnitro

Established Member
Viper Vs GT500.. Just in power and how cheap it is to make more power GT500 wins, but when it comes to looks and exclusivity, NOTHING beats the Viper..My wife has a Z06, I tell her everyone thinks of it just as a Corvette, I have a GT500, people see it just as a Mustang, but when you see a Viper... ITS A VIPER..

R1Lello

Established Member
Viper Vs GT500.. Just in power and how cheap it is to make more power GT500 wins, but when it comes to looks and exclusivity, NOTHING beats the Viper..My wife has a Z06, I tell her everyone thinks of it just as a Corvette, I have a GT500, people see it just as a Mustang, but when you see a Viper... ITS A VIPER..

Nice fleet but to me......."it's just a Dodge" Sorry, too many bad experiences and many friends I have too.....same deal.

They do 'look' good though.:beer:

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
Just for reference, my buddy traded in a 2013 gt500, on a new viper. I know it has track pack and such, but not sure what specific trim it is. But anyway, the GT500 had 6k miles and he got $57,000 for it, and they took $10k off the viper. This was at a dealer in Philly. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread