Only offered $48k for a trade-in on my '14

Lawrenzo

Established Member
I expect dealers to low ball for the most part, but that seems really low. What should a 2014 silver with black stripes, performance package, and Recaros bring on a trade? It only has 2,700 miles and is in mint condition.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I expect dealers to low ball for the most part, but that seems really low. What should a 2014 silver with black stripes, performance package, and Recaros bring on a trade? It only has 2,700 miles and is in mint condition.

I 'm thinking 54,000.
They tried to bend you over on it. Why you trading ?
Thanks

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
also depends on how much they are taking off the new vehicle. They're gonna get their number.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Looking at a 2013 Viper- There are some amazingly good deals to be had on them right now. I worked the sales price before I brought the trade into the mix.

Last edited:

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
You are getting bent over as expected. If money isnt an issue then take the hit. If you pinch pennies then sell it privately, it should go relatively quickly..

ArabianOak

Established Member
Looking at a 2013 Viper- There are some amazingly good deals to be had on them right now. I worked the sales price before I brought the trade into the mix.

Why viper? Shelby is just as fast stock for stock and with a few mods can put a hurting on the viper...plus no backseat, and you lose the hair on your legs...

R1Lello

Established Member
Drive it off the lot, lose 25% instantly. People in the industry know I'm correct. 'Shelby' means nothing to a dealer, but it does when they are selling to you as they say it's a 'Shelby', it's 'rare' :)

Welcome to reality, it's a car and nothing special

R1Lello

Established Member

Is your pick up date wrong?? March 30/13 ?? for a 2014. It's March 05th today

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member

Me too!!

Though I'm kind of waiting until Spring is here, snow is gone, and the potholes are fixed.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Me too!!

Though I'm kind of waiting until Spring is here, snow is gone, and the potholes are fixed.

I see your posts over on the "Alley" all the time. I've only driven the Gen V Viper once, and it was during the Dodge Drive event. So I really didn't get a proper chance to jump on it like I would normally drive it. My decision to go with the Viper is not finalized yet, because truthfully I think I'll miss all the down-low torque. Decisions, decisions. I need to learn to "love the one I'm with" :banana:

mullens

Established Member
That monster V10 has some low end grunt. I test drove one and it could pull stumps. I understand we're not concerned about gas mileage too much, but I couldn't handle 12 mpg.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Call me crazy but I'm not fond of the exhaust note of the v10. I think the 13/14 Shelby is one of the best sounding v8s made.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You shouldn't be getting any less than $55-56j on trade in- if the car was a $63k+ sticker with less than 3k miles.

Here's the thing they don't want your car is what that offer means

R1lello- 25% is very high. More like 10-12% right off the lot on a Shelby.
Aka- $65k sticker car would be worth 59-57k with 1000 miles on it.

The 13s will be 2 years old in May...a clean one that was 65k with under 5k miles is still doing 52-55k (color dependent) wholesale. So that's 20% in 2 years.

If you want to look at commuter cars

A New Chevy Malibu that was $28k new is worth $18k (40%) 20k miles and year later

A new ford explorer that was $38k is worth $26k (whats that 40%?)a year later

The Gt500 doesn't depreciate that fast. It will depreciate...yes...but at a much slower rate.

Take an 08 for example. 6 model years old. Worth about 30k wholesale with 20k miles. Car was $46k new. 35% depreciation- but in 6 model years. Not bad at all. The people above me in the Malibu and Explorer feel the same

ThomasL

Established Member
48k sounds pretty low. I'd say 52-54. And if i was ever going to get rid of mine (which i'm not), it'd be for a Viper. Always loved those since i was a kid.

HighVelocity

Established Member
The problem is too many cars...not enough money, garage space, and time.

The Viper is pretty sweet, but is it a car you feel comfortable enough leaving outside of a restaurant? I think the Shelby can be somewhat under the radar....no such luck with the Viper.

In addition to the GT500:
I would love to have a Challenger Hellcat (factory supercharged) whenever Dodge finally makes it to they party. I would get it in the 8sp auto.. fun cruiser. I just love the way they look.....although their 2015 minor refresh might ruin it for me. It might debut end of month.

Follow that up with a pro-touring Corvette C2 Stingray and a new a Viper.
Add in a SRT8 Grand Cherokee and warmed up Silverado 1/2 ton crew cab for daily use.

Don't forget a half dozen muscle cars and a few newer sports cars.

Note to self....go buy lottery ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread