Only the Finest in Home Security

B

blown03cobra

Thats my new Millenium I picked up this week.... 375 dollars brand new, SAME SIZE as my Glock 27 but it is a .45 and has a 10+1 round capacity !!!!!!

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
Right on! Throw 'im a frickin bone for me, bro. Mine's a handful @ 45 lbs, I couldn't imagine walking (getting walked!) by him!! Looks like he enjoys being photographed, too. Good dog you got there. Is he protective/ territorial?

That's a bad ass little piece, by the way. I'll have to look into that!:coolman:

Last edited:
B

blown03cobra

He is pretty protective but he is very well socialized. He just sorta looks at you and once he sees that you are ok with something he just chills out. I have 3 other dogs and he is not territorial at all with them.

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
Annie was socialized w/ people from day one! My girlfriend took her everywhere!! Not so lucky w/ other dogs though (but I'm aware of this and responsible). She is friendly toward strangers but is very protective of the house and those who live in it. Pits instinctively know a threat when they see one. Wierd huh?

B

blown03cobra

Yeh,, thats the idea I was trying to get through. They are certaintly a breed of their own. :) I have yet to see him get very upset about something other than the other day. I was walking my dogs and a German Sheperd darted out from in between two houses at night and immediately rushed my Rottweiler.... My Boxer IMMEDIATELY jumped on top of the other dog and split his face wide open sending the dog whining home.... when things went down Roscoe began a huffing in and out really fast and for some strange reason or instict kept himself in between the fighting dogs and me while holding his ground instead of joining the whole mess and begin attacking the dog...(needless to say I was tangled in leashes which brought everything to VERY close quarters) I thought his behavior was good, but yet very strange.... any takes on the situation?

B

blown03cobra

needless to say I will be carrying my CS gas from now on,, id hate for one of my dogs to get hurt over a dumb dog

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
That there dog (Roscoe) would lay down his life for you w/o thinkin twice. He's Game! God help the Sheperd if he felt that you were threatened by it AT ALL!! He'd still be locked on his hairy ass!! A Game Pit will only huff before a fight, not bark his head off. There is no intimidation process for Pits, only action. He was ready for ACTION!! That's not to say he shouldn't bark, he's a dog after all. But in a situation like this a Pit will be relatively calm.

B

blown03cobra

See, thats where I worry. I hate to say it, but I feel like I have only began to understand my own dog!.... He is surprising me with new things each day...... though, this time I did not understand what was going on in his head. I dont know whether to think he was scared or what was going on since he was the only one not in the mess. When he started the "huffing sound" it sounded like it had SO MUCH behind it that it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up with surprise even during the given situation. I guess he was just controlling himself and just standing his/our ground incase something went awry.:)

B

blown03cobra

Too bad you live so far away,,, it would be cool to get together, see each others pups and throw down a couple cold ones and barbeq :beer:

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
You have no need to worry, really. He is a good dog, trust me. I've had Pits that would attack a dog for lookin at 'em, much less attacking one of there pack mates. He was more concerned w/ protecting you than putting the dog in it's place and that's not easily found in the breed. Just be aware of it whenever he acts like that cause it might very well go down. Again, he's a goooood dog. Congrats!

B

blown03cobra

Roscoe gettin ready for his walk :lol: :lol: :lol: note, he is wearing my EMT pants and his favorite sidearm and I am bored as hell :lol: :beer:

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
LOL!! He looks embarassed!!! That's how Annie looks whenever my old lady ties a bandana around her neck, or when she has to wear a cone from the vet! But he's packin heat, so I won't dare say it to his face.SHHHH!!

That's hilarious!!

B

blown03cobra

LOL, he is not too happy with me now,,,, he snuck under the bed LOL :thumbsup:

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
Glad to hear that!:thumbsup: They most likely bred them for a good temperment. Too often do I hear "Oh, my boy's dog had pups."
When you know damn well that was the craziest dog on the block!! Who wants that for a PET?! Then, they're surprised when it bites a child or something.:shrug:
Anyway,:beer:

B

blown03cobra

What do you think of this??? He chipped his enamel on one of his teeth..... its hard to see but you can sorta

Users who are viewing this thread