opinion...

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I found this post very odd considering you just did the same to me. You didn't want to sell my product because you didn't want to sell the kit of a Hellion competitor. I understood why. But you didn't know why they wouldn't do the same for you ? Huh, odd indeed.

I believe you're mistaken as to why we chose not to carry your turbo kit. We didn't base our decision not to carry your product solely on the fact that it would compete with Hellion. It was part of the reason however other important things that we considered were that when dealing with turbo kits most of the time they never fit. No 2 kit is usually the same. We've been through this years ago with several other companies that made custom kits. The headache that we had to deal with because nothing fit right wasn't worth it so we dropped them all. Only until Hellion came along and actually made a kit that fit did we decide to carry them. Keeping that in mind and the fact that we don't know of anyone running your kit or any of your products we simply weren't willing to take a chance on that at this time.

I'd be more than happy to revisit carrying the kit once it's been out there and the feedback is good however until I know what I'm walking into before I make a decision like that we need to be sure that it's not going to be a costly mistake.

Jared

jcveron

Established Member
I believe you're mistaken as to why we chose not to carry your turbo kit. We didn't base our decision not to carry your product solely on the fact that it would compete with Hellion. It was part of the reason however other important things that we considered were that when dealing with turbo kits most of the time they never fit. No 2 kit is usually the same. We've been through this years ago with several other companies that made custom kits. The headache that we had to deal with because nothing fit right wasn't worth it so we dropped them all. Only until Hellion came along and actually made a kit that fit did we decide to carry them. Keeping that in mind and the fact that we don't know of anyone running your kit or any of your products we simply weren't willing to take a chance on that at this time.

I'd be more than happy to revisit carrying the kit once it's been out there and the feedback is good however until I know what I'm walking into before I make a decision like that we need to be sure that it's not going to be a costly mistake.

Jared

smart desicion and reasonable

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
octagon.jpg1e88aae4-a7ca-4b92-aae6-d56be48750dclarge.jpg

CPRsm

Jared
That would have made more sense at the time. I could have appreciated that. I actually started making this and my own parts because I am tired of other peoples junk and it costing me money. But that's not what the gal there said at all. The competition was the only reason. I thought it was odd and asked again. It was made very clear. Maybe you didn't tell her that ? :shrug:

CPRsm

I'd have to find pics but these cars the fit is easy. If I can fit headers backwards in a 65 mustang, anything else will have tons more room.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'd have to find pics but these cars the fit is easy. If I can fit headers backwards in a 65 mustang, anything else will have tons more room.

It's also not about fitment on one car. It's about reproducing it with the same fitment for other cars that seems to be the issue in the past. You can make a one off system with a car there but then never be able to make it fit just as good on another car you send the kit out for. That's what I was getting at.

CPRsm

I know what you were getting at. Other companies are lazy as shit with their jigs. That's why my kit was built from the jigs. The originals are in boxes. What I was getting at is the jigs for the 65 mustangs are very close toleranced. If they do not fit within 1/16, they do not fit in the car. These cars do not have to be that tight. There aren't as many stops in the jig because there is a ton more room in the car.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Rock on T-! More of the puzzle is coming together.

Tony, do you have a center section or two to choose from that we might be able to use?

We are going to get this done.

I think the $$ will be fine w the gears that are in there. I run 3.70 but don't have the instant torque you have.

Van@RevanRacing

I think the $$ will be fine w the gears that are in there. I run 3.70 but don't have the instant torque you have.

Bull

Bull Shit! LOL

I'm running a 3.00 Gear! That's the long haul gear.

This is payback for burning up my KOTS alternator!! LMAO

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Your pictures througout this thread have me dying laughing! :beer:

trying to keep it light............... we are all friends here.................. at least I hope so... :beer:

DDMBW.gif

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
And this thread has put me in the mood for some serious popcorn, Jake style!
Olive oil with orville r. seeds. MMMmMMMMMMMmmmMMM

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
So Go through in 3rd...lol...

We are all in the same area...race at the same track....i want to race the winner for the title!!!

CPRsm

Ah that's right. Was thinking Lethal was farther north for some reason.
Tony I think you still have the title. They can duke it out to try for yours lol.

Van@RevanRacing

So Go through in 3rd...lol...

We are all in the same area...race at the same track....i want to race the winner for the title!!!

I'd probably go through in Second! I say we all just put it together and have a hammer down night!

Maybe we should see if the Lethal Boss can keep up with me on the road course at PBIR??????? Who's gonna drive that one?

JEREMYUPR

Established Member
Did I miss something? I could swear Van wrote that he had to call the owner of the Super Snake--I thought owners had to drive their own cars? Not being a wiseguy (first time for everything).

So Van do you own the SS?

Its funny how you and everyone else pick on Jared's driving or lack there of--could it be that it is the only thing you can pick on?

Why continue to pick--just put the owners of the cars side by side.

What do you think about that? Give us a date. Lets do it.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Did I miss something? I could swear Van wrote that he had to call the owner of the Super Snake--I thought owners had to drive their own cars? Not being a wiseguy (first time for everything).

So Van do you own the SS?

Its funny how you and everyone else pick on Jared's driving or lack there of--could it be that it is the only thing you can pick on?

Why continue to pick--just put the owners of the cars side by side.

What do you think about that? Give us a date. Lets do it.

Very true!!!

Users who are viewing this thread