Opinions on new DD

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The Charger is a much superior option compared to the SHO, which has less interior space than the Fusion. The SHO also offers inferior performance compared to the Charger you optioned out.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Lol,
Sorry but I had to laugh. My new DD is a 08 Civic with 120K i gave 3500 cash for. Maybe it just comes with age and changing priorities. I no longer give a shit what I drive but a couple really nice vacations a year are more important.

I would agree though that a CTSV would be my choice in your position.
I did test drive the Acura TLX A-spec recently when looking for the wifes new car. Pretty nice DD while not quite the raw power of a CTSV

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I just bought a 2016 Chevy SS. It checks all your boxes except the one you didn't list in the OP which is "must not look plain". They got better about that for the 16-17 models but yeah, nobody knows WTF it is, which can work both ways LOL. It hauls ass pretty good, quiets right down and soaks up the miles when you want to chill, and stops and handles better than it has a right to for anything its size.

I love everything about it except the factory stereo, which is better suited for a Nissan Versa than for a luxo/sport sedan that stickered for $50k.

View attachment 1458619

Ohhhhhh nice! I work with a guy that is converting his to all Holden badges etc. As soon as my car is finished id love to link up and check that bad boy out. take you for a spin in mine to see how you feel its set up.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
7b3e19dcf6fa80cf800857ab14877fbb.jpg
I vote Scat Pack! I love mine. It’s a blast to drive and has plenty of room.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
b149c3d86161ea1e3b424a24d6f13c29.jpg

jrandy

Established Member
Audi s4!!

My FIL had a 2014 that was real nice. I'm just afraid of maintenance costs on them.

View attachment 1458843I vote Scat Pack! I love mine. It’s a blast to drive and has plenty of room.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile appView attachment 1458844

Looks great!

I don't see the scat pack being -that- good of a daily. Look at a turbo 4, ST, RS, WRX, STI, etc.
Way nicer interior as well.

I was actually thinking of the RS but have heard mixed reviews of them. I've previously had an Evo IX & WRX that I did enjoy though.

Lol,
Sorry but I had to laugh. My new DD is a 08 Civic with 120K i gave 3500 cash for. Maybe it just comes with age and changing priorities. I no longer give a shit what I drive but a couple really nice vacations a year are more important.

I would agree though that a CTSV would be my choice in your position.
I did test drive the Acura TLX A-spec recently when looking for the wifes new car. Pretty nice DD while not quite the raw power of a CTSV

Yea, I hear you. I've done all the different routes with DD's. For 3 years I daily drove a 1990 Honda. Before and after I daily drove performance cars (03 cobra, blown GT, Evo IX, WRX) and I kinda miss it.

I don't really have many vices in life so I figured I'd up my daily game and enjoy what I drove.

sono

Established Member
m3
Lease the thing as it has crazy residual.

That said I do like the scat pack,

Kiohtee

Established Member
I love me a Scat Pack Charger. Was actually looking for one before buying my '17 GT, but nobody wanted to budge on price. And I mean, they weren't/aren't struggling to sell them so I can't blame them.

Users who are viewing this thread