Opinions please

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
those are pretty sweet, i saw them on an 03 dsg that was lowered and the car looked really good.

you could also go with the factory chrome wheels but 10.5 in the rear so you could run those big tires. i think that looks sick myself!

Slow99x

Established Member
I don't like Bullit style wheels on Cobras. I would go with maybe the stock wheels but wider in the back to fit 315s or FR500s. They sell both in 10.5 inch width for the rear if you stay with 17's. You might have to get the rear wheel spacers to clear the IRS bolts though.

02wingless

ASE Master L1
Established Member
I personally think the 03 wheels in a 10.5 would look better, never been a fan of putting a GT type wheel on a Cobra. But, then again, I drive a yellow car and I know a lot of people who don't like yellow.

SlowPony97

Established Member
I personally think the 03 wheels in a 10.5 would look better, never been a fan of putting a GT type wheel on a Cobra. But, then again, I drive a yellow car and I know a lot of people who don't like yellow.

Agreed with the 03 rims and running the 315's

...but what do you mean a ...GT type wheel? :lol: Not sure if i should be insulted or not :lol:

BlownReptile

Established Member
I would prefer to have the 315s on a wider wheel than stock....The whole reason I wanted to go with the Bullitts is that I really wanted Cragars on the car initially. Im also looking at doing chrome Saleens....but I suppose I could just replace the rear wheels and stick with the stock look. As for the FR500s, I just can't seem to acquire a taste for them....they still haven't grown on me. And I do happen to like yellow cars :thumbsup:

Jroc

Established Member
18s would look better, but are 315s going to fit on an 18" wheel without spacers?

Yes, atleast if its a Japanese tire. I'm not sure if it will with a American or European tire.

A 17" tire should run into clearance problems before an 18" tire on IRS Mustangs. Why this is, is because the wheels/tires are going to hit the front IRS subframe bolts when all the weight is of the suspension before it will hit anything else. That is what your trying to clear. A good example of when it would rub would be if you jack the rear of you car up off the ground and the suspension is hanging at its lowest point. If its just sitting with the cars full weight on the suspension it will probably clear the bolt. With that said you still need to get it cleared as your suspension is under constant movement compressing and decompressing when driving. Thats how I've always understood it anyways.

Here is my car with 315's on 18" wheels and no wheelspacers.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481765

I am running Falken Azenis RT-615's and they have plenty of clearance without wheelspacers. I am running the MM low profile front subframe bolts.

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...rsports-low-profile-irs-subframe-bolts-2.html

Last edited:

BlownReptile

Established Member
Thats interesting. I have the IRS bolts ready to install- what is the backspacing and offset on your wheels?

Jroc

Established Member
Thats interesting. I have the IRS bolts ready to install- what is the backspacing and offset on your wheels?

+27mm offset with 6.9 backspacing on the rears. It gets rid of the tucked in the fenderwell look of the stock wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread