Opinons wanted on performance..

flashstang04

Established Member
Opinions wanted on performance..

I just picked up a 99 Cobra that has a built 01 engine in it. The motor was previously supercharged and now is not.

Due to the supercharger the compression is about 8:1, so it is not at its full potential. I am wondering what I can do for the next year or two to compensate for the compression power loss a little. Eventually I will be putting a blower back on, but it is not in the car budget right now. Here are the mods. I know a good dyno tune wold help too.

01 cobra motor (10k miles)
cp dished forged pistons,
eagle rods
arp rod bolts
updated billet oil pump gear,
Long tube headers,
bbk catted h pipe
magnaflow catback,
SCT programmer,
7 qt canton oil pan,
Solid axle
4.30's

Thanks for the input....

Last edited:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
if a blower to get you back to your build specs is not in the budget right now, then nothing else should be. Save for the blower, you already have a lot of the needed pieces there

gmsux

Established Member
+1

Get a good tune and enjoy running regular gas while you can.

if a blower to get you back to your build specs is not in the budget right now, then nothing else should be. Save for the blower, you already have a lot of the needed pieces there

gmsux

Established Member
What's up with all the kits for sale? is everyone going turbo?

The OP should pay notice to this, maybe find out why people are selling before buying an S/C kit.

Hmm, come to think about it, I should to the same. I'm just about to drop $$$ on a new D1 tuner kit.....

K2AHollywood

Established Member
dude are you going to try and sell your kit in every damn thread on here.

Put in in the classifieds or in your sig, but stop posting it in every ****ing post you make.

oh jesus ****ing christ thanks you! Yeah dude we are sick and tried about reading your shit about your blower on every post. Do you see the rest of use trying to cram our parts down other peoples throats? is this noe the marketplace? Its been like what 3, 4 months? No one wants it, move on!!!!

flashstang04

Established Member
Thanks for the input.. it sounds like a tune and saving for the blower is the way to go. It actually isn't all that bad right now with the gears and the longtubes. The PO had it around 475rwhp with the mods it has now....just with the blower :( .

Users who are viewing this thread