Opportunity to relocate to another country - California

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@Corbic Dude, unless your salary is doubling, don't do it. Even then, kiss your freedoms goodbye. Sure, you can find a friendly smog guy, but those are fewer and fewer. Cops can pull you over and dissect your car.

Sell all your guns, wont be legal in CA, especially if they are on the banned by name lists. Check out calguns.org

Sell your dog. Youll be hard pressed to find a landlord or apt that will take you. The stigma is real.

Some pro's? Good looking girls, and a lot to choose from. If youre attractive. You can still get laid, but youll have to work for it if youre fugly. Lots of the girls have snob attitudes in LA/OC.

Weather near the coast is nice. You'll be frying in Riverside most of the year so no weather bonus.

Traffic is ungodly up there in LA/east IE. **** that. every day? kill me.

As someone who escaped that place after living in OC for 3 years then San Diego for nearly 7 years don't move there. If you need to get the hell out of where you are at, look at Texas. If you want a drier sunnier place look in Phoenix. Yes, its hot in the summer. Same as Riverside/IE in SoCal. But Northern AZ is really nice in the summer. And its a 2.5 hour drive away.

Difference?

Awesome gun laws, lax emissions laws. And its WAAYYY cheaper than California. If you NEED a California fix, its 5-6 hours west. Visit, don't move to SoCal.

Choose well and good luck.

Sincerely,

-A former California resident who go out just in time

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
ROFL. More exaggeration.

Plenty of reasons to NOT live here, I agree. But you're reaching on many of these.

Your car and home owners insurance went down?? WTF does that mean and how do you measure it?

Come on.
I lived in San Diego for 6 years.

Easy to measure insurance rates. I simply looked at my bills! I had the same company insuring more stuff for lower premiums in Colorado.

I use more water and more electricity and pay less a month.

How is this exaggerating? This is my experience.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
i was stationed in camp pen, camp San Mateo 10 years ago. Riverside was hot AF then, I bet it’s even hotter today.

I’m only 30 miles from riverside... it is definitely hot but NOTHING like the low desert.

Nothing like Camp Pendleton... that’s paradise! (San Diego).

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
@Corbic Dude, unless your salary is doubling, don't do it. Even then, kiss your freedoms goodbye. Sure, you can find a friendly smog guy, but those are fewer and fewer. Cops can pull you over and dissect your car.

Sell all your guns, wont be legal in CA, especially if they are on the banned by name lists. Check out calguns.org

Sell your dog. Youll be hard pressed to find a landlord or apt that will take you. The stigma is real.

Some pro's? Good looking girls, and a lot to choose from. If youre attractive. You can still get laid, but youll have to work for it if youre fugly. Lots of the girls have snob attitudes in LA/OC.

Weather near the coast is nice. You'll be frying in Riverside most of the year so no weather bonus.

Traffic is ungodly up there in LA/east IE. **** that. every day? kill me.

As someone who escaped that place after living in OC for 3 years then San Diego for nearly 7 years don't move there. If you need to get the hell out of where you are at, look at Texas. If you want a drier sunnier place look in Phoenix. Yes, its hot in the summer. Same as Riverside/IE in SoCal. But Northern AZ is really nice in the summer. And its a 2.5 hour drive away.

Difference?

Awesome gun laws, lax emissions laws. And its WAAYYY cheaper than California. If you NEED a California fix, its 5-6 hours west. Visit, don't move to SoCal.

Choose well and good luck.

Sincerely,

-A former California resident who go out just in time

When my wife and I lived in some apartments on the higher end in corona, they had pitbulls banned on their list of dogs, all we got was a doctors note for our pitbull and they didn’t question anything after that.

A lot of exaggeration in your post. You don’t have to sell your guns and it’s very easy to find a smog guy, I have a few, all you have to do is pay $150-$200 and that’s it. Newer cars only need a smog every 5 years. Cops usually don’t mess with older guys with ref tickets, it’s usually young kids that get those. And even if you do, they give you an option to pay a fee which is about $450 and you don’t have to ref the car anymore.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Make no mistake, San Diego is the only part of SoCal Id consider moving back to. But only if Arizona annexed Imperial and San Diego county.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
When my wife and I lived in some apartments on the higher end in corona, they had pitbulls banned on their list of dogs, all we got was a doctors note for our pitbull and they didn’t question anything after that.

A lot of exaggeration in your post. You don’t have to sell your guns and it’s very easy to find a smog guy, I have a few, all you have to do is pay $150-$200 and that’s it. Newer cars only need a smog every 5 years. Cops usually don’t mess with older guys with ref tickets, it’s usually young kids that get those. And even if you do, they give you an option to pay a fee which is about $450 and you don’t have to ref the car anymore.
https://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

If any of OP's guns appear in appendix A, B or C they are fully banned from being in CA. If not, his rifle better have a completely lfixed magazine and enjoy 10 round ammo capacity.

If you want to recommend to OP to blatantly violate CA law as far as smog goes, that's your business. As for OP Im sure he enjoys not having his registration suspended or paying fines. Ill tell him straight up, its a pain in the ass.

But hey, its just money. At elast the rest of CA living is cheap right? lmao

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member

If any of OP's guns appear in appendix A, B or C they are fully banned from being in CA. If not, his rifle better have a completely lfixed magazine and enjoy 10 round ammo capacity.

If you want to recommend to OP to blatantly violate CA law as far as smog goes, that's your business. As for OP Im sure he enjoys not having his registration suspended or paying fines. Ill tell him straight up, its a pain in the ass.

Lol. Who gives a shit about smog laws?? It’s not a pain in the ass for me, not even a little bit. You pay an extra $100 on top of a regular smog that’s what about $60 and you don’t even have to take your car to the smog shop. I guess you’re one of those people that complain about every little thing.

Main reason people like you leave California is because of how expensive cost of living is.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. Who gives a shit about smog laws?? It’s not a pain in the ass for me, not even a little bit. You pay an extra $100 on top of a regular smog that’s what about $60 and you don’t even have to take your car to the smog shop. I guess you’re one of those people that complain about every little thing.

Main reason people like you leave California is because of how expensive cost of living is.

Agree with this. Smog isn’t much of an issue to get around.

Do I prefer to have 0 smog checks? Well hell yeah but you have to play the hand you’re dealt I suppose.

Further, I use the AZ trick at the DMV and don’t smog at all. I’ve done it for a decade or more.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Stanger00

Established Member

This guy got into an argument with me about smog and OBD systems being flagged by a SMOG shops machine for having an altered strategy code that doesn't match the OE strategy, lol. The logistics to maintain that kind of system doesn't exist in CARB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanger00

Established Member

I don't know if you really understand.

You must register it as an assault rifle if you keep the pistol grip and removable magazine. I don't know if the date has past yet to register an assault weapon.

There are magazines that can be removed but you must pull the breakdown pins to access and install another 'tool' to eject the 'fixed' magazine. Yes, they must be 10 round magazine.

You can attach a thumb guard to make the gun CA compliant.

It's not rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Yea, politics and intolerant loony libs would be more than enough to prevent me from moving anywhere near California. I dont care how much money I could make, it just isn't worth it. As others have said, your freedoms will be greatly infringed upon, cost of living is outrageous, traffic is insane, and there's always water supply issues and the threat of fires....

Nope, nope, and nope......

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Anytime I see an asshole driver here or an asshole person in general I assume Californian...and I'm usually correct. Man, the quality of human being in CA just pales in comparison to most other places, especially the midwest. I've lived in Cali, and I'm originally from the midwest (lived in Ohio and Wisconsin). There are so many people, traffic sucks, and creeps, flakes, druggies, scumbags, thieves, dirtbags are everywhere. I'm sure there are nice people there, and some are my friends, but for the most part, I just don't feel like the people there are good people.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
After reading 4 pages, **** California. Others opinion may vary. I don't need more bullshit in my life or more freedom taken away.
May visit one day, but ... nah. I don't even want to visit...

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Lol, the main reason I left California is because I wanted my freedoms back. I didnt want to live in a shit hole that welcomed transients to shit on the sidewalks at will, shoot up drugs in the streets and treat illegals like they were saints. I was disgusted that a state would ban single use plastic bags at grocery stores, while I can walk into Lowes and grab a phat stack of them. A state where cities ban plastic straws and have cops on the hunt for those evil doers in possesion.

A state where a prominent state Senator can ALMOST force semi automatic rifles to the brink of a full ban and yet be found GUILTY of running full auto guns and taking bribes from the Chinese mafia (Leelan Yee ring a bell). And not a WORD of it in the mainstream CA press. ...right

I didnt want to have to check if Sacramento approved of the items I purchased or the modifications I wanted to make to my cars. I didnt want to live in a state that FORCED any purchase decisions, or infringe on my freedoms.

Their gun laws really are nothing bad I guess. I could still buy what I want. Like a Gen 5 Glock. No, thats not allowed? How about a Gen 4? No way Jose. Yep, illegal to purchase new in California under the safe handgun roster. Which, is a de facto ban last time I checked. How about those Kvar.com Aresenal AKs? Oh they wont even talk to CA residents? Man, tough luck huh.

Oh cool! You guys are allowed to drop your magazines after you disassemble it to nearly field stripped? Got it. Cant believe I thought that was an infringement of your Constitutional rights. Silly me, I thought changing magazines with a mag release button was more efficient. Of course, no more than 10 rounds per magazine because its obviously designed to conserve ammunition resources. The Golden State IS all about conservation right? Cant have a pistol grip? Why, thats only for pistols right? Monsterman and Grip fins for everyone!!!! And dont forget, when you register your Evil Black rifles it makes it easier to know EXACTLY where they are when Gavin Newsome becomes governor. Enjoy that.

@Stanger00 I wasnt aware you were an ASE A1-A8 Master, L1 certified and Smog Licensed. Thats totally my fault. I guess my former coworker who is an ASE Master with L1 certification and a Smog tech doesnt know shit. Or that his SMOG update classes were really lying to him. Whatever floats your boat dude. Glad you guys got Mother Sacramento fully figured out. By the way, better hope your Smog guy that can pass you doesnt get a bait car or have CARB check his records. Lol, its not like they'll pull his license to Smog cars forever, or fine the shit out outta him. Pocket change man, pocket change.

If you guys want to tell everyone the toughest smog laws in the country dont exist or that they can be easily ignored, thats cool man no sweat. I just wont have some poor bastard follow advice like that and get hassled over his car and get fined on my account. Money might not be a big deal to you but hey, for normal people it is. I see the California elitism is alive and well in some residents of the Golden State.

@Corbic Dude, if a move to California feels right for you and it makes financial sense, do it. Just go into it eyes wide open, and keep a savings fund for a get the hell out of California move at all times. You may move there and love it. Ill just say this: I moved to CA and moderate liberal. After nearly 10 years there, I left a STAUNCH conservative as fast as I could leave.

Good luck sir.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Lol, the main reason I left California is because I wanted my freedoms back. I didnt want to live in a shit hole that welcomed transients to shit on the sidewalks at will, shoot up drugs in the streets and treat illegals like they were saints. I was disgusted that a state would ban single use plastic bags at grocery stores, while I can walk into Lowes and grab a phat stack of them. A state where cities ban plastic straws and have cops on the hunt for those evil doers in possesion.

A state where a prominent state Senator can ALMOST force semi automatic rifles to the brink of a full ban and yet be found GUILTY of running full auto guns and taking bribes from the Chinese mafia (Leelan Yee ring a bell). And not a WORD of it in the mainstream CA press. ...right

I didnt want to have to check if Sacramento approved of the items I purchased or the modifications I wanted to make to my cars. I didnt want to live in a state that FORCED any purchase decisions, or infringe on my freedoms.

Their gun laws really are nothing bad I guess. I could still buy what I want. Like a Gen 5 Glock. No, thats not allowed? How about a Gen 4? No way Jose. Yep, illegal to purchase new in California under the safe handgun roster. Which, is a de facto ban last time I checked. How about those Kvar.com Aresenal AKs? Oh they wont even talk to CA residents? Man, tough luck huh.

Oh cool! You guys are allowed to drop your magazines after you disassemble it to nearly field stripped? Got it. Cant believe I thought that was an infringement of your Constitutional rights. Silly me, I thought changing magazines with a mag release button was more efficient. Of course, no more than 10 rounds per magazine because its obviously designed to conserve ammunition resources. The Golden State IS all about conservation right? Cant have a pistol grip? Why, thats only for pistols right? Monsterman and Grip fins for everyone!!!! And dont forget, when you register your Evil Black rifles it makes it easier to know EXACTLY where they are when Gavin Newsome becomes governor. Enjoy that.

@Stanger00 I wasnt aware you were an ASE A1-A8 Master, L1 certified and Smog Licensed. Thats totally my fault. I guess my former coworker who is an ASE Master with L1 certification and a Smog tech doesnt know shit. Or that his SMOG update classes were really lying to him. Whatever floats your boat dude. Glad you guys got Mother Sacramento fully figured out. By the way, better hope your Smog guy that can pass you doesnt get a bait car or have CARB check his records. Lol, its not like they'll pull his license to Smog cars forever, or fine the shit out outta him. Pocket change man, pocket change.

If you guys want to tell everyone the toughest smog laws in the country dont exist or that they can be easily ignored, thats cool man no sweat. I just wont have some poor bastard follow advice like that and get hassled over his car and get fined on my account. Money might not be a big deal to you but hey, for normal people it is. I see the California elitism is alive and well in some residents of the Golden State.

@Corbic Dude, if a move to California feels right for you and it makes financial sense, do it. Just go into it eyes wide open, and keep a savings fund for a get the hell out of California move at all times. You may move there and love it. Ill just say this: I moved to CA and moderate liberal. After nearly 10 years there, I left a STAUNCH conservative as fast as I could leave.

Good luck sir.

Again, complaining about every little thing. Were there people shitting and shooting drugs on the sidewalks where you lived? Didn’t you say you lived in San Diego? I’ve only heard of the shit taking on the sidewalks in San Francisco yet you want to paint the entire state with the same brush. And drugs, there’s areas everywhere and in every state where that happens. Arizona is no different.

There are many ways around the smog issue, how do you think all the cars modded to hell get a smog done here? If it was that much of a pain or problem, there would be way more stock cars and the car scene would be non existent.

But, good for you for making the move out of here if you weren’t happy. There’s nothing wrong with moving out of California if you didnt like it here, but don’t exaggerate things you didn’t like when some are non issues or big deals. Good luck in Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread