Ordered a 2018 Hellcat. But Love the GT350

TheZman

So a couple of weeks ago i ordered a 2018 Hellcat. Still hasn't been built yet at the factory.
In the mean time i went and checked out a new 2017 GT350. Big mistake. Lol. I feel in love with it. So now i wish i had the money to get both.
With that being said i didnt get to drive it. But i started it up and reeved the exhaust. I really love the look and feel of it as well.

There both 2 totally different beasts. Part of me says cancel the Hellcat order but it is my dream car plus i traded in a Scat Pack and put $1,000 down and they gave me good money for my trade. So i dont think i can back out of the Hellcat order even if i wanted too.
The upside if i did though would be the GT350 would be $6k cheaper with cheaper monthly payments . Maybe i just get the Hellcat and try pay it off early and then get the Shelby later and have both. Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
2 completely different cars. GT350's look amazing.. build quality is hit or miss, and they are a purpose-built road course car that are tough to beat in the turns--amazing track car.

That said, a Hellcat will make a gt350 look stupid in a straight line. Add $1500 in power mods to each and that gap in the HC's favor only widens--A LOT.

I love me some GT350, but i'd stick with the Hellcat if it were me.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
he's right, totally different cars. I'd go drive a 350 so you don't agonize over this decision. they are both beautiful beasts and are very good at their intended purposes

Zemedici

Established Member
Depends on what you intend to use the car for.

Highway car - Hellcat all the way.

Track / Autocross car - GT350.

I'm a highway guy, I like doing 60 pulls with other cars to see which ones faster. Other people enjoy turns.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
2 completely different cars. GT350's look amazing.. build quality is hit or miss, and they are a purpose-built road course car that are tough to beat in the turns--amazing track car.
That said, a Hellcat will make a gt350 look stupid in a straight line. Add $1500 in power mods to each and that gap in the HC's favor only widens--A LOT.
I love me some GT350, but i'd stick with the Hellcat if it were me.
^^This!
Unless you were going to add a power adder into the GT350. Hellcats are awesome cars too, so either way, it's a win-win.
OP,...what color/options did you order?

TheZman

^^This!
Unless you were going to add a power adder into the GT350. Hellcats are awesome cars too, so either way, it's a win-win.
OP,...what color/options did you order?
I ordered Go Mango with the Black Laguna leather interior and 6 speed Manual transmission with the Black 5 spoke Lightweight wheels.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^ Dont want to be the bearer of bad news but there are left over 2016 6 speed cars still today (new) that can be had for $55-57k if you arent dead set on Go Mango.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I ordered Go Mango with the Black Laguna leather interior and 6 speed Manual transmission with the Black 5 spoke Lightweight wheels.
Bad ass bro!!! Killer car.
I would order the GoMango as well. Awesome color. Post up photos when you get that bad boy!
(Should be a bout 7 weeks, if I'm correct.)

TheZman

Depends on what you intend to use the car for.

Highway car - Hellcat all the way.

Track / Autocross car - GT350.

I'm a highway guy, I like doing 60 pulls with other cars to see which ones faster. Other people enjoy turns.
Lol. Honestly i enjoy both. I enjoy highway pulls and driving and shifting gears in the twisty roads and hills where i live as well. Thats why id love to own both. But with that said the newer Challengers handle way better then people give them credit for. I just Traded my 2016 Scat pack in and that car handle the twisties way better then you would think. Most modern performance cars do these days. The straight line only rumors are mainly coming from the critics and haters.

TheZman

Bad ass bro!!! Killer car.
I would order the GoMango as well. Awesome color. Post up photos when you get that bad boy!
(Should be a bout 7 weeks, if I'm correct.)
Yeah thanks. I love high impact colors on performance cars and for the Challenger that was my favorite. For the GT350 i love Grabber Blue and Lightning Blue.

I ordered it in the middle of July. But there saying that there not even starting to build the Manual transmissions until Aug 26th. So who knows when it will come in. Lol. Hopefully sooner then later.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah thanks. I love high impact colors on performance cars and for the Challenger that was my favorite. For the GT350 i love Grabber Blue and Lightning Blue.
I ordered it in the middle of July. But there saying that there not even starting to build the Manual transmissions until Aug 26th. So who knows when it will come in. Lol. Hopefully sooner then later.
Nice! I like the bright colors on cars as well. Lightning Blue for the GT350 for me. as well lol
Why the long wait? Are you a member on the Hellcat forum?

TheZman

Yeah but i wouldn't pick up a older used Hellcat. The 2015/16 had the driveshaft and Supercharger bearing issue. Plus who knows what the previous owner did.

The 2018s have all the bugs worked out. Plus getting some cool upgrades for the new year. To me its worth paying the $66k for an 18.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
These are new cars... Not used. Click the link i posted. The 6 speeds are far less sought after and can be had for much cheaper.

There were no "bugs" in 2016 that im aware of?

TheZman

Nice! I like the bright colors on cars as well. Lightning Blue for the GT350 for me. as well lol
Why the long wait? Are you a member on the Hellcat forum?
I dont know. Like i said there not building the M6s until the end of this month for whatever reason. And yes im on the Hellcat forum since last Fall. Thats when i first started saving up for the car and decided to trade mt Scat Pack in.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know. Like i said there not building the M6s until the end of this month for whatever reason. And yes im on the Hellcat forum since last Fall. Thats when i first started saving up for the car and decided to trade mt Scat Pack in.
Nice.
Good luck and hopefully you get your car soon. Post photos when you get it.

TheZman

These are new cars... Not used. Click the link i posted. The 6 speeds are far less sought after and can be had for much cheaper.

There were no "bugs" in 2016 that im aware of?
2016s still had some Supercharger bearing neading replaced and some complain about the leather becoming loose on the seats.

Not a lot of people especially the youger crowds (not that im old) know how to drive Manuals. So Manuals in most Automobiles aren't as popular as the Autos.

Users who are viewing this thread