Ordered a 2018 Hellcat. But Love the GT350

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
2016s still had some Supercharger bearing neading replaced and some complain about the leather becoming loose on the seats.

Not a lot of people especially the youger crowds (not that im old) know how to drive Manuals. So Manuals in most Automobiles aren't as popular as the Autos.

I didnt know that about the leather.. not good!

As much as i love how fast the auto HC's are, id probably have to have me a manual also.

Nice!

TheZman

I didnt know that about the leather.. not good!

As much as i love how fast the auto HC's are, id probably have to have me a manual also.

Nice!
Yeah i love shifting and actually driving my cars. The Autos are only a little faster from a dig really or up against someone who cant shift. Ill give up 2 tenths for a better driving experience any time. Plus both the Manual and Auto is as fast as you want to make them. Plenty of mods. The fastest Hellcat in the country right now is actually a manual. Not buy much. And with a lot of mods. But still either are stupid fast. Id just rather shift and be one with the car. With that said i have thought about switching my order to an Auto for different reasons. But so far im probably sticking with my original oreder. Both are great for different reasons.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Very cool. My good friend has a 2016 Challenger Hellcat in Plum Crazy and its manual. He has a 2017 Charger Hellcat in white and his order is in for a 2018 Dodge Demon in Plum Crazy that will not be built until spring of 2018. He also has 4 other SRT vehicles. He is a slight dodge fan boy...lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're going to be very happy with your '18 Hellcat. Be sure to post a couple of photos and a follow-up when you get it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
2016s still had some Supercharger bearing neading replaced and some complain about the leather becoming loose on the seats.
Yeah,....it's good to see that they finally got the supercharger issue resolved.
I bet a lot of people are driving around with bad bearings and probably don't even know it.

TheZman

Not gonna lie I really thought i would get talked into the GT350 over the Hellcat in this Forum. Lol

Its nice to see there real car guys out there like me that enjoy all the brands. I will say the Hellcat and GT350 are definitely my 2 favorite cars out right now. And there so different it would be two totally different driving experiences. It would be perfect to own both. Maybe if i hit the 430 million tonight on the powerball. Lol

TheZman

Yeah,....it's good to see that they finally got the supercharger issue resolved.
I bet a lot of people are driving around with bad bearings and probably don't even know it.
Yes. Even when they did have the issues in the early models it was very few. Maybe 2% of all of them made.

TheZman

Very cool. My good friend has a 2016 Challenger Hellcat in Plum Crazy and its manual. He has a 2017 Charger Hellcat in white and his order is in for a 2018 Dodge Demon in Plum Crazy that will not be built until spring of 2018. He also has 4 other SRT vehicles. He is a slight dodge fan boy...lol.
Lol. Holy crap. I definitely agree he his a dodge fan boy for sure. Lol. Good for him though very nice cars for sure.

TheZman

Something tells me you are gonna fall in love the HellCat as well. Heck I would buy a GT350 to drive around and a HellCat just to stare at..
Well I am in love with the HellCat as well its been my dream car for a couple years now since it came out. I just cant believe how much I love the GT350 as well. Lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Could have just gotten a ZL1, the best of both worlds...
But that face.....only a mother could love, and 25% of drivers can comfortably see out of :)
Seriously though, killer performance with the ZL1s, exactly what I'm hoping the next GT500 can leapfrog.
On the Hellcat/GT350, you Probably couldn't have two more opposite cars.
I love my Charger HC but really really want to boost a Lightning Blue GT350R. End of day the Charger is the better DD and that's what I need.
Something to say about having 5 grown men in a boat with comfort while doing a 300' rolling burnout for the Woodward fans, hell yeah!
On last note, I've been getting miles on my built '14 GT500 and after the most intense street pull from 60-160 I can remember, if made my Hellcat feel like 200hp driving directly after.
Long story short---great choices all around today. 'Merica!
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
But that face.....only a mother could love, and 25% of drivers can comfortably see out of :)
Seriously though, killer performance with the ZL1s, exactly what I'm hoping the next GT500 can leapfrog.
On the Hellcat/GT350, you Probably couldn't have two more opposite cars.
I love my Charger HC but really really want to boost a Lightning Blue GT350R. End of day the Charger is the better DD and that's what I need.
Something to say about having 5 grown men in a boat with comfort while doing a 300' rolling burnout for the Woodward fans, hell yeah!
On last note, I've been getting miles on my built '14 GT500 and after the most intense street pull from 60-160 I can remember, if made my Hellcat feel like 200hp driving directly after.
Long story short---great choices all around today. 'Merica!
-J

Im pretty confident the next 500 will be just that. It will top ZL1 handling prowess and will exceed its straight line performance.

In regards to the ZL1's looks, I think it looks fantastic. I think all 4 heavy hitters look great. I'd rank them as follows: ZL1 > GT500 = Challenger HC > Charger HC.

People complain about visibility but any real car guy will adapt no problem. When I first bought my 5g camaro, it took me all of 2 weeks to used to the view.

Where are the videos of that pull?

Haha yes, doing Go Pro vids this weekend! Finally.
-J

Get us some nice footage!!

Users who are viewing this thread