ordered a VMP STAGE 3 TVS KIT A6 NEED ADVICE

WHITEMACH

Established Member
i ordered a vmp stage 3 tvs kit with 79mm pulley. what gear is best for you A6 (best on motor 11.36)WITH A 3.73?and what kinda times you seeing ? comes with 56lb injectors and boost a pump thought about going with 72lb or th 1000s? is e-85 worth the switch? thanks for any input as this is going AWESOME:banana: , i hope!

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Stock gears and a 28" tires is the ticket. I have 3.73's and they gave me nothing on a 29" drag radial (305/45/18). I went .12 quicker / 1 mph faster with the gears but the density altitude was 1000' better too. My car is now running good, so I am hesitant to "change a good thing" at least for now or I would swap back to my 3.15's.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would also stick with the stock 3.15's and go with some 275/60R15's.

You will be happy with the VMP stage 3, that's a nice blower kit.

davidhuff

Established Member
Stock gears and a 28" tires is the ticket. I have 3.73's and they gave me nothing on a 29" drag radial (305/45/18). I went .12 quicker / 1 mph faster with the gears but the density altitude was 1000' better too. My car is now running good, so I am hesitant to "change a good thing" at least for now or I would swap back to my 3.15's.

What size fuel injector do you run and do you run a boost-a-pump?
Your 5.0 is getting the job done with your posted et!

RC-5.0

Established Member
i ordered a vmp stage 3 tvs kit with 79mm pulley. what gear is best for you A6 (best on motor 11.36)WITH A 3.73?and what kinda times you seeing ? comes with 56lb injectors and boost a pump thought about going with 72lb or th 1000s? is e-85 worth the switch? thanks for any input as this is going AWESOME:banana: , i hope!

All you need is 3:31's with your auto.....

I had 3.73's with mods in sig minus the VMP stage 2. I was told to wait on going back to a lower gear until it was on and I got to try it out...I did NOT listen and went back to 3.31 before the VMP and Im glad I did..With my street tires, I cannot keep the car straight and Im waiting for my DRs to go on. With 500 RWTQ almost instantly (low 3krpm) the high gear is really worthless.

I didn't want to go much more aggressive on the power than in my sig because the last thing I want to do right now is replace a motor when Im not really a strip guy anyway.

You will love that kit and Justin's support..HAVE FUN..let us know how it turns out.
RC

WHITEMACH

Established Member
well i have a set of factory take out 3.55s to put in and a 275/60/15 mt drag radiels. i want a 10.2 to 10.3 range on the time,hoping it picks up a full second. the kit comes with a boost a pump and 56lb inj and goin with the 79mm pulley

usmc_cwo7002

Established Member
I am running a manual trans in my 2013 I have a 79mm pulley making 10 psi, 47# injectors, KB BAP, vmp 93 tune and 3:73 gears. I data logged and sent it to justin at VMP and he said there was no sign of lack of fuel. But it is pushing the 47# injectors to the limit with the 79mm pulley. I would go with the bigger injectors. The problem I do have is traction. However, it is awesome when you do get it to hook. Will definitely put a smile on your face. But to answer your question it depends on if this is going to be a daily driver or a track car. I like my 3:73s. Gives you the best of both worlds. Just be advised if you go with the 3:73 expect to make some suspension mods and good tires to hook it. Hope this helps

WHITEMACH

Established Member
i talked to justin at VMP today and upgraded to the id 1000 injectors. i sold my stock 3.15s along time ago so i am going to try 3.55! said i should have it by wednesday!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread