Ordered my 2011 GT

marc97taws6

Established Member
I'm interested in a new 6-spd auto one eventually.

Any ideas how much power the 6-speed auto can handle if I do decide to mod it?

Likely if I get one, it'll be just full exhaust, tune, gears for a reliable daily driver/cruiser.

Would be funny to own both a Trans Am as the racecar and a sexy 2011 GT as my cruiser.

kingnut

Established Member
I'm excited about the 2011 as much as the next guy. But if I had an 03 Cobra from brand new, there would be no way in hell I would trade it in. My .02

to each is own. he might want a new challenge.

trendkilllx

Established Member
to each is own. he might want a new challenge.
I have had the 03 cobra since new and have decided not to trade it in. A friend of mine was explaining the difference in the motors. The new GT motor is more high tech and lighter plus slightly larger displacement, variable valve timing and alum block but with cast components. He said the 03 cobra motor was stronger though with fordged components as well as the iron block, heavier though by about 60 lbs, was his estimate.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
if i could get a new one for 26 i might buy my first new car ever.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
congrats.. Waiting on my confirmation right now.. Placed my order on a Grabber Blue with premium package..

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
ok so for some reason my damn car was delayed till the 16th. i think my blood pressure is thru the roof right now! lmao. but it will be worth it

2013Boss302

Established Member
i just got the call from the dealer with my vin number. my build date is the 7th of june, she said i should get it 10 days after that. i hope this info is correct.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
ok so my uncle is now exiled from the family. he sold my car from under me and ordered a new one thinking i wouldnt find out. i am sooo ****ing pissed right now. so i told him to go screw himself, and am buying from a friend at the local dealer here in lubbock.

Users who are viewing this thread