OT: Top Ten things to do when your car is stored for the winter?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Kevin,

LOL you are double posting, giving yourself a righteously high post count, the F5 key refreshes your screen, which will allow you to see posts quickly

kevin

Originally posted by sohowcome
Kevin,

LOL you are double posting, giving yourself a righteously high post count, the F5 key refreshes your screen, which will allow you to see posts quickly

i'll have to try this. currently i hit the "submit" button and wait for it to take me back to the thread.

kevin

Kevin,

hmmmmmmmmmmm..... now that's a thought (soho - note how i spelled that word this time:D :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Just got in from working on adding mods to the 01 Cobra. I have been reading you two, looks like there is some very unique information in here tonight. :)

kevin

sorry i was gone. posting on hiillie16's thread.

did ya miss me? didn't think so.

don't worry, i'll be gone by weeks end for about 1 1/2 weeks. bummer here. but i gotta go play on another track down texas way.:D :D :D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

don't worry, i'll be gone by weeks end for about 1 1/2 weeks. bummer here. but i gotta go play on another track down texas way.:D :D :D

You going down there to drive or you gona give your car a different view of the sky while on jackstands in Texas?

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by kevin

LOL@ kevin

I officially nominate you as the new post Whore :D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
G415629.jpg

kevin

LOL@ kevin

I officially nominate you as the new post Whore :D

hmmmmm.......

let's do some math here.

i joined this board feb 01 - you joined july 01 = i've been on 8 months, you've been on 3 months.

i have 813 posts, you have 1293 posts.

yea, right:D :D :D :D :D :D

JoeJ

Established Member
Jack time

Kevin,

Hey, we need to get all these guys from up north to come play with us down here in our back yard. I just know that Hallett would put a smile on their faces. Of course they might have to upgrade their brakes after the event.

i've been taking all the jack time heat for the both of us.

I sure hope all my jack time is about over. I just want to run my car and have some good clean fun and not worry about breaking something else.

My trophy at RA for the slowest time is a trophy I will keep on my bar...Hidden so no one can see it..LOL. Actually, my wife got a kick out of it. Ribbed me about being over the hill. Hmmm. Wonder what she is really telling me. lol

Actually, my friend Mark Gifford is now thinking about setting up his Z28 for open track events. Some other Houston guys who autocross with me are also getting the bug to run at high speed events. I am having so much fun I think it is catching.

kevin

Re: Jack time

Originally posted by JoeJ
Kevin,

Hey, we need to get all these guys from up north to come play with us down here in our back yard. I just know that Hallett would put a smile on their faces. Of course they might have to upgrade their brakes after the event.

I sure hope all my jack time is about over. I just want to run my car and have some good clean fun and not worry about breaking something else.

My trophy at RA for the slowest time is a trophy I will keep on my bar...Hidden so no one can see it..LOL. Actually, my wife got a kick out of it. Ribbed me about being over the hill. Hmmm. Wonder what she is really telling me. lol

Actually, my friend Mark Gifford is now thinking about setting up his Z28 for open track events. Some other Houston guys who autocross with me are also getting the bug to run at high speed events. I am having so much fun I think it is catching.

joe, glad you're here. come back often to help me fend off theses guys:D

i'm with on the jack time. i'm tired of driving long and hard to get some where and not get much track time.:sad

hiding your trophy? shame on you.:shocked: i'd think you'd be proud of it. no one else can win it for the first time.:rolling:

the more the marrier on your friends.

YOUR backyard, joe. remember. i moved. but i'm driving 13 hours to get to see ya at scat.:ud: :ud: :ud:

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Jack time

Originally posted by JoeJ
Kevin,

You tell em Joe!!

btw: where and when (and how often) do you Autocross with the R? I may want to tag along one day.

I think Houston Performance will finally get my Kenny Brown Diff cooler in tomorrow or at least by Wednesday...so I should be able to bring it to them and maybe have it back by early next week... new gears and all! :D

then I need to bring it to Kenny B for the front fascia tie down! Then I am off to TWS on October 17th with my BMW buddies!

Do the Mustang Cobra folks (SCMC) have track time at TWS any time? or another track close by (within 50-100 miles from Houston) ???

by the way, do you ever take the R out to hwy 1488 in Magnolia...MAN there are some great turns out there!!! :D :D :D :D

Andy M

Established Member
Now that it is almost real winter in the rust belt :sad , how the hell do you guys stand it not being able to drive your R around for months at a time?? Man, it would just kill me to think about waiting until spring to drive mine again??!! :(

You guys come up with any more interesting things to do while your R is in hibernation?? :p

Users who are viewing this thread