other ported blower

trendkilllx

Established Member
anyone try a different ported blower (other than steig or apten), I think the company might be lethal performance (can not remember for sure), noticed that they are only around $350. Any dyno results.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
trendkilllx said:
anyone try a different ported blower (other than steig or apten), I think the company might be lethal performance (can not remember for sure), noticed that they are only around $350. Any dyno results.

well i have the lethal performance port job.... let me know how u think it works

right click save as

http://home.att.net/~svtcobra/gateskbcobra.wmv

trendkilllx

Established Member
just on a budget and need to get chip and pulley set which difference would pay for pulley set. May end up waiting and going with Stieg since they are somewhat proven.

stangfreak

Established Member
yea people get higher port jobs bc some dont open them up that much so you get more tq.

trendkilllx

Established Member
Would like around 480 hp/480 tq so most likely any of the popular ports with a good tune and 2.8-2.93 upper with idlers should be close. Other mods are mrt hpipe, anserson powerstack and magnaflow catback.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
trendkilllx said:
just on a budget and need to get chip and pulley set which difference would pay for pulley set. May end up waiting and going with Stieg since they are somewhat proven.
Somewhat proven? On the contrary they are THE proven ultimate porting source. There is no other vendor getting the level of power out of their porting that Steig is getting. And great customer service to boot. IMO for the little money you would save on a competitor's product it doesn't make sense to go anywhere else. But that's JMO. ;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh, and if you're looking to save some money and are more interested in a higher quality porting job, check Steig to see if they are still offering their earlier porting jobs at a discount. Then you can have your cake and eat it, too.

http://www.stiegemeier.com/index1.html

trendkilllx

Established Member
wow looks like a good deal. had heard about the new port design but had not seen any #s. Much cheaper alternative to a KB or Whipple. Guess with the stieg ported blowers you can run more best with less heat generation than a stock eaton, assuming less friction with the port.

mobius

CDM 2009
Established Member
why doesnt steig post the tq curve as well as the hp curve on their site??? do u lose tq and gain hp?

dynobobstieg

mobius said:
why doesnt steig post the tq curve as well as the hp curve on their site??? do u lose tq and gain hp?

cobra_with_ported_blower.jpg

BlackSabbath

Established Member
Wow. I just received my stage III ported blower last week. By the looks of that graph, I should be expecting quite a rwhp/rwtq gain!

Users who are viewing this thread