OUCH - 99SVT Beating a ZO6 then blows motor

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by davidmax
I will say it again 500= RWH[P ON THESE MOTORS REQUIRE A FUEL RETURN SYSTEM WHEN RUN HARD.i HAVE YEARS OF PROOF AND a partner thats been doing Fords since the Modular motor was developed,
Best of luck and if you want a smokin' deal on a forged bottom end and hog out the heads do a cam and rely on less boost and more motor we at Xtreme can do a sweet job and Z06's will be 5000 rpm short shifts and no power shifting,you only power shift when coming up to my Beast o'Stang or my 427 Twin Turbo Z06.G-D aint it nice to feel spoiled?1 more car and my wife will have me camping out in 1 ,and Mondays brand new 360 spyder didnt help ,but at 180 it feels like 75 in a VERT!!!!.
Best of luck if my shop can help call 480-517-4969 pick up and delivery arranged Via our closed car carrier.I can build it stupid fun and make it STICK!!,Dave Smilovic
David, what is your definition of "run hard"? There are a lot of good shops out there that would argue your point about requiring a return-type fuel system at the 500rwhp level.

KillrCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by quadcammer
David, you are proving your ignorance here. this car was not run too lean and didn't detonate. The cylinder pressure was just too much for the pencil thin rods. fuel was not an issue here.

Wilson, the vid was taken last saturday.

the car was making about 500rwhp, and his narrator was his cousin.

Hey, how much boost was this guy pushing and was that an s-trim he had on there?

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
geeez Dave comments on his opinion & you call him out for his ignorance.......
what he do to deserve that? his posts are always positive. I think Bob's response was more reasonable......

Smokinbago

MN Sports Fan!
Established Member
Man was he putting the smack down before he blew up the engine. That is exactly what my motor souded like after I hit a 3ft deep puddle of water at 45 mph and open throttle (it was 4:00 a.m. and the puddle was under a bridge). I turned my engine into a huge water pump. Note to self: water does not compress in an engine block.

Oh well, I am breaking in the new forged engine now and looking forward to increasing the hp and hopefully TQ.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
geepaw he constantly rips on the returnless system yet really doesn't prove why. in this case fuel wasn't part of the problem, yet the first thing he says is that its the design of the fuel system.

he doesn't know anything about the mods and whatever else, and yet he rips on the returnless. its bs.

eric was running about 12 to 13 psi and should have been making close to 500rwhp.

9T5SVT

Established Member
is it only me who saw that the zo6 had a car in front of it that it had to slow down for and go around??

Watch the video again, it looks like it's a 3 lane highway, when the camera pans to the driver there is a car there, but looks like it's in he next lane over and not in front of the Z06. Thats what it looked like to me.

Steven

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Thats really unfortunate.

You could see the look on the guys face when the engine blew. I felt bad for him. I think most of us could relate to that feeling at one point or another.

His cousin's comments didn't help.

TXFLYME1

Pay No Attention
Established Member
1999 SVT Cobra: Vortech S-Trim; Impeller Upgrade, Anderson Power-Pipe, 42lb Injectors, 90MM MAF, Steeda Dual Fuel Pump, Kenne Bell BAP 40AMP, Jet-Hot Hooker LT's, Dr Gas 3" X Pipe, Spintech 3" Exhuast,

He knew what he was trying to do! I wouldn't doubt 500+ to the wheels! That made my stomach turn, and those dumb a$$ comments didn't help either!

And yes, I believe the Z06 had to get behind him due to the champagne colored suv.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread