Ouch!!!!

snakezilla

Established Member
Not my car...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm63CGYzE3M"]YouTube - Breaking my Cobra at the track (Reloaded)[/nomedia]

Black10thSVT

Established Member
I bet that pissed the track guys off. Letting it coast all the way down the track like that. Should have pulled over. Guess cuz his night was done maybe he thought others should be done.:shrug:

Fat-cat

Established Member
I cant see it but i would say a combo of both.. wear and tear and perhaps not having the proper rear support in place. Diff Brace saves lives... ok well diff covers anyway.

Wheel hop kills Diffs and half shafts.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ouch I did that before I knew what a diff brace was..lol

Then I got a diff brace and it never happened again..lol

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Is this a result of beating on the car too much? Freak occurance? Or lack of propert upgrades?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but...

These cars are not track cars. Like any other car, beating on them will weaken them. Nothing is bullet proof not matter how many upgrades you add to the car. This is very common to happen in the rear of the car, however this is particularly more ouch worthy. Usually half shafts are the ones to go first. The IRS rear end is setup more for a road course if anything. They are very hard to launch on, especially a stock IRS. There is nothing to support that housing from twisting up every which way and, if you beat and race the car enough, it will go bad and its on to the tow truck until next time.

He seemed to be shifting pretty hard too. I wouldn't doubt she went on the 1-2 shift

Last edited:

Thumpper

Established Member
That sucks.. However does or would have a diff brace prevent the top mount (chasis mount)from breaking? Or did the chasis mount break BECAUSE diff cover broke?

BTW I'm running a diff brace but just wondering if something else would have broken possibly.. (shrugs) (axle etc.)

SlowSVT

Established Member
Drag race enough and you will break things regardless of the mods on the car. It's the cost of doing business and something you should expect if you do it often. The shock loads are pretty brutal to the driveline and chassis.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Fail on not pulling off to the side after it broke...definitely pissed off a few people I bet.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
That sucks.. However does or would have a diff brace prevent the top mount (chasis mount)from breaking? Or did the chasis mount break BECAUSE diff cover broke?

BTW I'm running a diff brace but just wondering if something else would have broken possibly.. (shrugs) (axle etc.)

He destroyed the rear cover. If he had the brace he probably woulda just snapped a half-shaft.

Users who are viewing this thread