Over 1200rwhp Hellion Twin Turboed tuned by BBR

1930ford

Established Member
I have used a couple of hellion kits and they didnt fit worth a damm. Didnt performe well and piss poor support after. I will NEVER buy a hellion product again. Good luck BBR I hope your involvement with them goes well.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I have used a couple of hellion kits and they didnt fit worth a damm. Didnt performe well and piss poor support after. I will NEVER buy a hellion product again. Good luck BBR I hope your involvement with them goes well.

Shhhhh. You can't say that here. They always fit fine, it is installer error, and they make AWESOME power.:D

On the other hand. Maybe they sorted out their past issues. And are listening to their customer base.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

Sorry for your luck but like everything, people have good or bad results. We will continue to sell, install, and tune Hellion cars because we enjoy working with them. But the beauty of this great Country that I take pride in defending is their is so many options. Best of luck to you sir

Shhhhh. You can't say that here. They always fit fine, it is installer error, and they make AWESOME power.:D

On the other hand. Maybe they sorted out their past issues. And are listening to their customer base.

let's keep this on track and not stir it away by a sarcastic sense of humor. If you do not like their product or us tuning them. That's cool. I wish you the best with your power adder, track times, install, and end result.

faztcobra

Established Member
If you do not like their product or us tuning them. That's cool. I wish you the best with your power adder, track times, install, and end result.
That's cool. And hopefully we'll see your track times soon. They were kind of hard to come by with the single kit. With that power level, 9s or bust!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
That's cool. And hopefully we'll see your track times soon. They were kind of hard to come by with the single kit. With that power level, 9s or bust!

This car is Hellion's. We just tuned it. As stated in the first thread, that is their next step. If you have any questions about them racing it, feel free to call them.

:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Even after they posted on fb they was ready that they was going to run it blah blah blah. Then look another no show. Think they got scared of another TT 5.0 that actually showed up.

from the famous tapatalk.
I was really looking forward to that match up. :)

er306

Established Member
You have the dynojet Dyno run file? i believe you do because it was dynoed at Dyno Edge in albuquerque and the dyno sheet has BBR on it. so put up the correction factor!!!! I'm willing to bet it is in the 1.18-1.20 range. Don't get me wrong....It's stout as hell, but it's not 1250RW. it's probably around 1050 RW just like the CMS car.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
You have the dynojet Dyno run file? i believe you do because it was dynoed at Dyno Edge in albuquerque and the dyno sheet has BBR on it. so put up the correction factor!!!! I'm willing to bet it is in the 1.18-1.20 range. Don't get me wrong....It's stout as hell, but it's not 1250RW. it's probably around 1050 RW just like the CMS car.

dynojets dont have corrections factors, you're thinking dyno dynamics. And on a Dyno dynamics around 12%-15% is what you need to be accurate to a dynojet

er306

Established Member
dynojets dont have corrections factors, you're thinking dyno dynamics. And on a Dyno dynamics around 12%-15% is what you need to be accurate to a dynojet

I own a Dynojet 224XLC. There IS a correction factor.... you can select from 5-6 different ones when you display the dyno run on a graph. they selected SAE in the graph shown which is probably around 1.18-1.20. if they had shown uncorrected it would be a correction factor of 1.00. Dynojet puts a calculation automatically when the dyno run is created based off of the environment and elevation. The dyno location is at around 6000ft normally. i'm around 800ft and my correction factor is usually between 1.01-1.04 depending on the how the weather is for SAE.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

They most certainly do. SAE and STD are both correction facotrs that change based on data from the weather station and altitude on the dyno software. The presumed 1.18-1.2 is the multiplier that would be used on the uncorrected numbers to get an SAE number. If you are tring to compare dyno numbers, it is not really fare to do so by looking at corrected numbers at altitude for turbo cars, as the CF typically artificially inflates them.

As far as comparing to the "other" car, if the cars are using the same turbos and turbine housings, the main differences will be from the rest of the setup anyways (compression, cams, etc), and whoever wants to run the most boost.

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
Being at elevation I like corrected numbers sometimes so my car doesn't look like a pig for what is done to it, uncorrected numbers give the real impression of power and what it will do at the track though. If running a correction factor it is good to advise of it with the dyno sheet when making a post so people know the conditions. It will be good to see what mph this car throws down at the track.

Uncorrected/actual power this car is probably around 1,000hp. Wish it would have made it to KOTS, would have been cool to see uncorrected numbers and ET/MPH in Albq then changing nothing see what it does at sea level and see if the correction factors are accurate on a turbo car. We get hosed at elevation with power loss, it would be nice to have data showing that one power adder is better than another when trying to make up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread