Over 1200rwhp Hellion Twin Turboed tuned by BBR

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member

As featured in the December issue of 5.0 Magazine

Hellion and BBR teamed up once again to create the ultimate turbo'ed street car. Now when you think of street car.... Big power is a lot easier today then it was years ago. Still shocks me in the long run. I still laugh and joke around with people saying I remember when making 350rwhp and cars running in the 12s was amazing for a street car. And this was maybe 10 years ago. At that time, The 2003 Cobra destroyed the market. Still one of my favorite cars to this day. But one has to question the power when a GT with only a few changes can make over a 1000rwhp and can drive pretty damn good. Well John from Hellion and Chris from BBR teamed up and created one hell of a machine.

In words of Steve Turner from 5.0 magazine. "this thing will put you back in your seat quick."

Below is a video that they did driving the car and explaining some information about it.

Hellion Coyote - YouTube

Now the modifications on this car are as follow:
2012 GT
Hellion twin turbo kit 62mm Precision (base off the shelf system with no modifications)
105lb Injectors
Return Style fuel system - made at Hellion for car
FRPP Aluminator short block
MMR billet Oil Pump
Stock heads & cams with MMR valve springs
C16

This car was completely remote tuned by Chris Jones and can be daily driven. The car was also tuned for pump gas for every day use as explained in the video.

Hellion Twin Turbo 2012 GT Dyno - YouTube

Here is the dyno graph for the car.

Now that the main testing is done. Hellion will be taking it to the track and we will be conducting the tuning aspect.

STAY TUNED!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bud

Established Member
Very nice, can't wait to see what it does at the track. What was the correction factor on that and have you dyno'd it at sea level in this config, same boost, to see how it varies for uncorrected numbers?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
That's just plain awesome... What do twin 62's make at the same boost level on an '03/04 Cobra just for comparison's sake with similar mods? I'm guessing 100-200whp lower?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Very nice, can't wait to see what it does at the track. What was the correction factor on that and have you dyno'd it at sea level in this config, same boost, to see how it varies for uncorrected numbers?

This was done in New Mexico at 3582 ft above sea level. This SAE as shows on the dyno graph.

Wow, any pics of the headers? Are they foward facing?

Nothing but I can get some from Hellion

Have you guys run that at the track yet?

As stated above, track is next on both of our list.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
That's just plain awesome... What do twin 62's make at the same boost level on an '03/04 Cobra just for comparison's sake with similar mods? I'm guessing 100-200whp lower?

we are actually going to be doing a Compound 04 Cobra in the next month. Will let ya know.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
What are the true daily driveable numbers, i.e. not on C16? Let's see some 93 or E85 numbers.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Ok. I just heard "turned down it makes 8XX currently 7xx to not spin the tires as much" didn't hear anything about fuel. Are there "street power" dynos available?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Ok. I just heard "turned down it makes 8XX currently 7xx to not spin the tires as much" didn't hear anything about fuel. Are there "street power" dynos available?

We did a MM&FF article that will be out in a week or so that explains this kit on the BOSS we did which is pretty much the same motor on different fuel, exhaust, ect.

Their is another thread on here with a twin turbo boss LS on 91 pump that made 800+ that we remote tuned

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-turbo-boss-leguna-seca-remote-tuned-bbr.html

Users who are viewing this thread