over tight wheel lock.... help

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
ok ...i had the car inspected a few months ago and the idiots at that shop used a torque gun on my lugs:bash: (just realized today)so i got around and i loosened all off them but ONE and,just my luck,is a wheel lock:fm:.the lock tool is ok and still works on the other ones but the wheel lock is damaged(rounded) and is no way the key can grab to it.
so do you guys have an advice on how to get it loose?thanks

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
dang...hmm...I always use an impact but I only tap the wheel lock lug...subscribing...

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
if that doesnt work get a 12 point 3/4" socket or 11/16th (cant remember) pound it on with a extension and break tq....good luck getting the socket back off without a vice

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
if that doesnt work get a 12 point 3/4" socket or 11/16th (cant remember) pound it on with a extension and break tq....good luck getting the socket back off without a vice

x2 or get a set of extactors that are made for rounded off nuts/bolts.

03 KYL

Established Member
I used a 19mm 12pt to remove one of my broken wheel locks last year. Pound it on with a hammer and it should do the trick.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
thanks a lot guys...i will try with the 12pt socket and see.i will let you know if it worked!!

that's what's going to happen when people don't give a s**t about other people's stuff.

i will probably get all the locks off and use regular lug nuts

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
ok guys....i used a 19 mm 12pt and it worked.i just got it out a few minutes ago!:banana: the socket is stuck on the lock but hey....its off, i can replace that socket.
thanks guys:bowdown:....stay safe and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread