P0442 And The Won't Fill Up Problem

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
So I am getting code P0442 which is an evap system code that is usually associated with the gas cap...which our cars don't have. Any my car has suddenly decided that gracefully filling up with fuel is not in it's interests.

Anybody else have/had these issue and know the fix for our cars?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I think there was a tsb for the 2011 having this issue. May wanna look into it an take it in for warrenty.

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
fuel fill

Now it may or may not be what i'm thinking.. You should take the car to the dealer for the mil light... One thing I would check is your fuel tank vent tube...
spiders like to make nests in the vent tube esp around this time of the year.. hope that helps

CharlieR

Established Member
I had a similar issue with mine 2 years ago(11/10). Fuel wouldn't cross over and pulled from pass side only. @ 1/2 tank miles to empty would suddenly drop from 129 to 5miles. 6 miles later I was waiting for fuel(1/4 mile to next exit:shrug:) It wouldn't take fuel because that side was full and crossover wasn't happening. Difference is I had no light, dealer just thought it was a gauge/sending unit issue and told me to ignore it.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
There may not be a gas cap but the little flapper door still has to seal up and prevent fumes from escaping. With that code combined with a no fill situation I'd take a real close look at the canister under the trunk, check all hoses for damage or internal blockage, even spider webs as said.

Should be under warranty, take it in.

Users who are viewing this thread