Paint Correction And Coating - 2016 GMC Sierra

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Finally found the time, well made myself find the time lol, to do a correction and coating on my truck. It took me a while to want to dive into this because of how big the MFer is and I knew it was going to take some work and a whole lot of time to get it done. I kept it pretty simple for this go around and I am pretty impressed with how it turned out. I'll go ahead and list what products I used as well, since I know a lot usually like to know.

-Rupes LHR15
-Orange Lake Country pads
-Meguiars M101 (supposed to be a heavy cut with a an orange pad and I noticed it got probably 95% of swirls out on ONE pass, which was exactly what I was looking for. It actually finished a lot better than I was expecting too, gloss wise.)
-CarPro Eraser
-CarPro CQuartz UK

Like stated above, I kept it simple with a one pass correction as the swirls on this truck really weren't bad. Also, while doing this, I decided to ditch some chrome on it. I took off the chrome emblems and put some black ones on it that my brother had gotten me for Christmas, last year LOL, as well as took off the chrome door trim. Glad I did it because it looks so much cleaner in my eyes.

Here's how it looked before:
44064425195_59021f5e5f_c.jpg
Untitled by Treyson M, on Flickr

After:
32564049798_d0fdac3145_c.jpg
Correction and CQuartz Coating by Treyson M, on Flickr

31496628367_286c9738b0_c.jpg

45712923634_37894ddd59_c.jpg

31496639107_3e97cd3527_c.jpg

46436150261_791333c054_c.jpg

31496644027_0c697f1f64_c.jpg

46436151111_0516f5c9d6_c.jpg

45712959324_2b61d48319_c.jpg

31496645907_dd4b773765_c.jpg

45712960484_208f3b5029_c.jpg

46436154351_acd83e2fc2_c.jpg

45523507465_63c362c1e4_c.jpg

Here's a couple showing the paint after one pass:
45712949844_d02367a811_c.jpg

45712949214_3dc98751d0_c.jpg

Yes, I know the steps are still filthy and it needs tint lol which is happening in a few days. It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow so I plan on going out and getting some better pics of the paint in the sun because it looks incredible with how deep and glossy it is now after the cut/coating.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Looks great!

I wanted to try M101, but couldn't find a smaller bottle than what they were selling so I grabbed Ultimate Compound. I've read M101 is better than M105 without the drawbacks.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Looks great!

I wanted to try M101, but couldn't find a smaller bottle than what they were selling so I grabbed Ultimate Compound. I've read M101 is better than M105 without the drawbacks.

Yeah the bottle I have of it is huge lol, I like it a lot. It can tend to dust quite a bit with a foam pad though.

Z06

Established Member
Nice OP, I am scared as hell to do paint correction on my 15 High Country. I know without a doubt I'll be needing a new paint job after I screw up. Lol

My94GT

Established Member
Looks good, I just ordered some new clay and more ceramic coating so I can do this same thing to my truck. I don’t look forward to how long it will take to buff

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
very nice! That's a good lookin truck man.

I went to lunch with a vendor recently that had similar looking truck, very nice inside and I'll say the seats where MUCH softer than my F150. The back seat of my truck is somewhat like a park bench, that GMC was like a lazyboy

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Take the airdam off.

I honestly don't like how it looks without it on there after seeing it on a few other trucks.

Nice OP, I am scared as hell to do paint correction on my 15 High Country. I know without a doubt I'll be needing a new paint job after I screw up. Lol

Thanks! Dude, even with this Rupes, it's literally impossible to screw the paint up unless you are trying to mess it up on purpose lol especially using a foam pad. Paint corrections are easy if you take your time. I was scared/nervous doing it the first time too but after doing it I realized how easy it really is, just very time consuming.

Looks good, I just ordered some new clay and more ceramic coating so I can do this same thing to my truck. I don’t look forward to how long it will take to buff

Thanks, and yeah be ready lol. I think I worked on it for like 13 hours or so together.

very nice! That's a good lookin truck man.

I went to lunch with a vendor recently that had similar looking truck, very nice inside and I'll say the seats where MUCH softer than my F150. The back seat of my truck is somewhat like a park bench, that GMC was like a lazyboy

Thanks man, I kept it simple for now but I think wheels will be coming for it around spring time the more I think about it. I know exactly what you mean by the seats because I think the same when getting out of my buddies 2017 F150 back into my truck. I think the Lariat Ford's are 'nicer' all around on the inside but I really dig the interior on this truck. Little bit less room in the back than F150's but I'm never back there anyways unless under certain circumstances LOL.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Buy one of the paint correction kits and have at it - even the “aggressive” pad/polish in these kits is pretty mild in the grand scheme of things. Don’t try to polish the hell out of the edge of a surface and it’s basically idiot proof with a random orbit

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Looks killer Treyson!
Nice truck man.

Thanks man!

Buy one of the paint correction kits and have at it - even the “aggressive” pad/polish in these kits is pretty mild in the grand scheme of things. Don’t try to polish the hell out of the edge of a surface and it’s basically idiot proof with a random orbit

Yep, couldn't agree more. Especially with a Porter Cable or the new Torq polisher, it's impossible to screw anything up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice work sir! Nice work. And a good looking truck. I'm kind of liking the wheels, too.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Ehh...... Looks okay at best...

Well, maybe it looks pretty damn good.

Lolllll thanks buddy!!

Nice work sir! Nice work. And a good looking truck. I'm kind of liking the wheels, too.

Thanks man!

Best looking wheels on the market

The wheels were half the reason I got an All Terrain... They come stock with these and like you and Bob said, I agree on how they look. I may end up doing some different wheels for the springtime but I really dig the look of these stock ones!

Also, had the tint put on today. Forgot what it was like to drive with it this dark LOL, damn it's rough at times. Went lighter than my old truck but I'll be damned if it doesn't seem as dark if not darker than the 06. The old truck had 20% sides, 5% back, and a 30% windshield. This one I decided to just match the front windows and do the windshield in the same 35% and my God it is dark lol or seems like it.

31556297697_047849104e_c.jpg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Lolllll thanks buddy!!

Thanks man!

The wheels were half the reason I got an All Terrain... They come stock with these and like you and Bob said, I agree on how they look. I may end up doing some different wheels for the springtime but I really dig the look of these stock ones!

Also, had the tint put on today. Forgot what it was like to drive with it this dark LOL, damn it's rough at times. Went lighter than my old truck but I'll be damned if it doesn't seem as dark if not darker than the 06. The old truck had 20% sides, 5% back, and a 30% windshield. This one I decided to just match the front windows and do the windshield in the same 35% and my God it is dark lol or seems like it.

View attachment 1539141

The wheels really look great with aggressive tires. Yeah that is definitely darker than i like

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
The wheels really look great with aggressive tires. Yeah that is definitely darker than i like
Thanks! It's not too bad when it isn't raining and overcast skies lol but you can definitely tell when you look at it. Especially next to a truck that doesn't have anything.

Users who are viewing this thread