Painted My Calipers :-)

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
A little hint for those that haven't painted their calipers yet ... to get the COBRA letters to come out perfect, paint them with the rest of the caliper, and when the paint is good and dry, carefully scrape the paint off the letters with an Exact Knife. You'll be happy. Don't use vaseline, grease or anything like that - just scrape the paint off.

brake12.jpg

brake13.jpg

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
A little hint for those that haven't painted their calipers yet ... to get the COBRA letters to come out perfect, paint them with the rest of the caliper, and when the paint is good and dry, carefully scrape the paint off the letters with an Exact Knife. You'll be happy. Don't use vaseline, grease or anything like that - just scrape the paint off.

Precisely what I did.. Then hit it with a small piece of sandpaper to give it a little polish.. Finally clearcoat over everything...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
My only complaint is that I like the caliper bracket to remain black, painting only the caliper itself whatever color you are doing...

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
so what all are you guys using for paint? i have one of those duplicolor caliper painting kits, but im kinda afriad to use it. My buddy just did his and it looks like douche with the brush on stuff

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
the blue looks good. I think red against the blue car would look goofy. I did mine black, and used PG touch up paint on the Cobra letters.

I used DupliColor caliper paint.

PIXER

Banned
so what all are you guys using for paint? i have one of those duplicolor caliper painting kits, but im kinda afriad to use it. My buddy just did his and it looks like douche with the brush on stuff

That is the kit I used on my car this time and on my '03.

Just put on a few coats and you wont see the brush marks :banana:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
That is the kit I used on my car this time and on my '03.

Just put on a few coats and you wont see the brush marks :banana:

ok sounds good. i have the red kit but i want to go black since alot of e people have red. I love the blue though, that looks really good on your car. IDK how blue would look on my black car but i might consider that as well

SVTContique

Taking the whole caliper off the car is pretty simple as well, thats what i did on my contour. Just took the whole thing apart and rebuilt the calipers and painted them good.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I wanted to use caliper paint, but none of the auto stores around here had red... So I bought hi-temp engine paint and did em.. Spray on.. Prolly wasnt the best idea, but it looks pretty good.

My94GT

Established Member
looks good and i like that you used blue instead of red. i need to buy some cobra calipers and paint them to match my car. gt brakes suck!!

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Looks awesome man.. You do nice work!! Gotta love the kids who skip the cleaning and degreasing part and just paint it and have it peel off after the first wash haha.. Looks awesome, keep up the good work!

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I cant wait to get mine back from the bodyshop, I had them matched to my car Lazer red then clear coated, They are going to fit it right at home with my baer rotors..:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread