Painted Stripes

2snakes

Established Member
Anyone going to have stripes painted on the tape stripes suck. On my 2008 i had them painted on came out killer

peteypab2133

Established Member
naaa, I plan to restripe the car with the other colors every couple months just keep the spice in my life.

Myfast70

Established Member
I thought about having silver ones painted on. I want to do a light color sand on the whole car anyway depending on how flat the stock paint is.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I get it. But if you ever plan to sell your car, don't do it. It will really limit your market.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Random question, can you get colored stripes on the seats if you get a stripe delete? I'm thinking you can't and that alone would make me get stripes from the factory (I need a "expressive" interior ;-) ).

Last edited:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Random question, can you get colored stripes on the seats if you get a stripe delete? I'm thinking you can't and that alone would make me get stripes from the factory (I need a "expressive" interior ;-) ).

Exactly. You're seat inserts must match the stripes, and they're black with stripe deletes.

I prefer black stripes but despise that I must get black seat inserts on my black seats that I'm paying $1,500 dollars for as an option.

Last edited:

Colleton

Established Member
Yeah, I had them painted on my '09. Quite the hassle, not something I would ever do again. Good luck!

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
I have a candy red on order and when it comes in, the dealer is going to paint siver stripes on it and put the silver rocker panel stickers on it. Don't like the options that come with the 2013 color combo's. I had no problems with my 2010 stripes or 2012 stripes which was stickers from the factory. Not worried about the stripes painted on for resale as long as the dealer does a good job. I will not take delievery if the stripes are dick-up.

BigDan

Established Member
I have a candy red on order and when it comes in, the dealer is going to paint siver stripes on it and put the silver rocker panel stickers on it.

:read: You may want to do some research here on dealership paint work before it arrives. A dealership employee would be the last person on earth I want painting my brand new 2013 GT500 but that's just me.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
:read: You may want to do some research here on dealership paint work before it arrives. A dealership employee would be the last person on earth I want painting my brand new 2013 GT500 but that's just me.

ill agree with bigdan here, I think you should have the dealer get you the silver vinyls and put those on the car. A custom paint shop is a better bet for that type of work.

I currently have gloss black super snake style stripes painted on my car now, I love em, makes it more custom. However once they get chipped, fixing is a bitch. So for my GT500 I dont plan to do that again, gonna stick with the vinyls. Looking forward to seeing pics of the candy with silver

BigDan

Established Member
I think you should have the dealer get you the silver vinyls and put those on the car.

+1

Your best bet would be to order the car with white or black stripes and have the dealer order you a complete 2010-12 silver stripe package. That way it will be almost impossible for the dealer to mess something up like alignment because they have a template to go off of vs just winging it on a stripe delete car.

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
Thanks for your imputs but the car is already ordered. Im not worried if they will do a good job. If they don't I will not take delievery of the car period. I will continue driving my old 2012 if that happens. This is not my first rodeo like I hear alot on this site. The person ask for who was going to get painted stripes and I gave my imput. I did not ask your imputs too see if this was a good thing too do according to your opinion. Too many people are talking and they know nothing about what they are talking about when it comes to a GT500. This is my third GT500 that I ordered.

Last edited:

bumplime

Established Member
Thanks for your imputs but the car is already ordered. Im not worried if they will do a good job. If they don't I will not take delievery of the car period. I will continue driving my old 2012 if that happens. This is not my first rodeo like I hear alot on this site. The person ask for who was going to get painted stripes and I gave my imput. I did not ask your imputs too see if this was a good thing too do according to your opinion. Too many people are talking and they know nothing about what they are talking about when it comes to a GT500. This is my third GT500 that I ordered.

You've got to be kidding. You post on undoubtedly the best informed website pertaining to the GT500 and make a statement like that, GTFO. Wether or not you asked for opinions or not you're getting them, quit getting butt hurt. People are just looking out for you. Maybe we should just sit back and listen to you bitch piss ad moan when the dealership ****s up on your stripes. :dw:
If you don't think people here know anything about the car and don't want opinions, don't post

Users who are viewing this thread