Painted the hood with Ghost Flames

Bizness

Someone Stole My title
Established Member
I took the fire blanket off and noticed Ford didnt paint under it, so I wanted to get it painted and wanted add a different touch to it.

I have ghost flames on my speedster cover already

hard to see as they are very light ghost flames..
speedster cover
156994.jpg

we made them a bit darker on the hood by adding more pearl, and then on the under side adding more red to the goldflake...but not too much or it turns pink..lol

Thoughts?

170501.jpg

170502.jpg

170503.jpg

170504.jpg

170505.jpg

canibus

Established Member
not to be negative, but those don't look like flames. especially on the underside. just my .02. but if you like them then it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks

CobraMac

Established Member
I really like it! I want something like that...but how would it look on black? haha. I have the tonneau cover too....so that looks WAY sick!

Bizness

Someone Stole My title
Established Member
PhillyCobra said:
That's really nice. Your car deserves a set of nice, aftermarket hood vents now!

Thanks guys for the compliments...I would love to change out these cheap plastic ones..any suggestions?

And to the flames...the ones on the hood def look like flames, but I agree the underside its hard to tell in the pics...they are a minature version of the hood flames...but I do see where it may not look like flames, it was hard to do them in such a small space..wanted to keep them in the inserts.
1000 ppl will walk by and not even notice the ones on the underside unfortunately..lol

edit: I found the billet flow thread on here

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Looks good. Subtle flames can be just as nice as crazy flames. Depending on the car it can be better to not go nuts with the tape and spray gun.:thumbsup:

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
Man that looks really good. nice to see someone doing somthing different under the hood to make it stand out alittle more!

snake134

CobraMac said:
I really like it! I want something like that...but how would it look on black? haha. I have the tonneau cover too....so that looks WAY sick!
blue ones would look sick!!! :rockon:

mrose75

Established Member
Can't see sh!t in that first pic. Looks good tho. I think someone else said subtle and sweet.:thumbsup:

CobraMac

Established Member
snake134 said:
blue ones would look sick!!! :rockon:

Blue would look wayy sick, that's such a good call. I'm taking my tonneau in to be painted in like 2 weeks so maybe I'll have them do that. That would be sooo nice

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
You can get nice billet hood vents from LFP. Thats where i got mine.They are very nice and good price.

Bizness

Someone Stole My title
Established Member
YGOSLO said:
Can't see sh!t in that first pic. Looks good tho. I think someone else said subtle and sweet.:thumbsup:

Look at the bottom right..its hard to see as they are very ghosted...but it's since been repainted and now you can really see them, I picked it up tonite..will post pics tomorrow...

checking on options for hood vents..

thanks for the comments guys! :thumbsup:

Bizness

Someone Stole My title
Established Member
DEADMAN said:
That is possiblythe best looking stock hood I've ever seen!!
BADASS!

thanks

Just snapped some garage pics of the speedster...in the sun they will be better but its raining now.

173182.jpg

173183.jpg

173188.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread