Panther Body Thoughts

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm selling the 2016 and looking to get a nice cash car and I keep going back to the Panther bodies.

I would love a Marauder, but a nice CV will do. I know there are a few Panther guys on the site so

What should I look out for? Gotchas?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I love the Panther cars, one of the best looking big body sedans evah! They just have such sexy lines, the whole car flows well. We should coyote swap it and you work your turbo sorcery :D

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
At this point with how cheap these cars are, I wouldn't even bother buying a vic unless you're wanting to do a junkyard LSx swap sloppy mechanics style (which seems to be so trendy now).

What is your budget and requirements? Are you looking for a real nice car or something you can just totally blast apart and build back up?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
A crown vic is lucky to have 190rwhp which is absolutely pathetic for a 4,200lb behemoth. Minivans will literally blow you doors off.

marauders have the 4vs but they only run like 15s stock, laughable for a "performance" car.

that being said i still love these things, they are built like tanks

also from what i understand it is a major PITA to do a coyote swap

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
A crown vic is lucky to have 190rwhp which is absolutely pathetic for a 4,200lb behemoth. Minivans will literally blow you doors off.

marauders have the 4vs but they only run like 15s stock, laughable for a "performance" car.

that being said i still love these things, they are built like tanks

BigPoppa fabricates custom twin turbo setups, a coyote|6R80 swap would be a walk in the park for him.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
tapatalk_1553528031776.jpeg
tapatalk_1553528035383.jpeg

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

In what regard? from a wiring standpoint I'm sure it takes some work, but it's easier to fit a 5.0 coyote compared to a 5.4 DOHC or a 6.8 V10, which has also been done in the past.

A coyote/6R80 or 10R80 was on my mind for my black car until I came to the conclusion that the car is just too rusty to invest in and I am kind of over this platform as a whole.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I had a 2000 GM and loved it. It truly was an enjoyable car to drive. I don't even know why, it wasn't fast, didn't handle all that great but I loved to drive it.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
In what regard? from a wiring standpoint I'm sure it takes some work, but it's easier to fit a 5.0 coyote compared to a 5.4 DOHC or a 6.8 V10, which has also been done in the past.

A coyote/6R80 or 10R80 was on my mind for my black car until I came to the conclusion that the car is just too rusty to invest in and I am kind of over this platform as a whole.

Screenshot_20190325-163314__01.jpeg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm not looking to change the world here fellas, just enjoy the car a little. I get bored and this is one of those things I've wanted to play with for a long time.

I'm thinking F150 gen 2 donor drivetrain with 6r80 (lkqonline for all the wins), frpp controls pack, some off the shelf stock mustang gt cams and timing parts (because truck firing order....blah, blah), a driveshaft, a couple of panda express snail bois, super glue, chicken bones, and a reach around.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Meme engine, plus the prices will be skyrocketing on those as people swap them into A90 Supras.
Was not memeing.

You can get a complete engine with accessories, wiring harness, transmission, Ecu and TCU for under $3k all day long.

Right there you have a +100whp increase on a stock Panther.

Injectors, Turbo, FMIC, Tune and exhaust and you have a 600whp Panther without opening the engine.

It's a solid option. Basically an American Chaser at that point.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Was not memeing.

You can get a complete engine with accessories, wiring harness, transmission, Ecu and TCU for under $3k all day long.

Right there you have a +100whp increase on a stock Panther.

Injectors, Turbo, FMIC, Tune and exhaust and you have a 600whp Panther without opening the engine.

It's a solid option. Basically an American Chaser at that point.

That would actually be a pretty cool swap.

Users who are viewing this thread