Parenting: The Hard Times

txfiremn

Established Member
Just be glad it happened at home! My son blew through the diaper and clothes while we were at thr zoo. Not such a fun time.

4a7191a

Established Member
Power wheels ftw. My parents provided nicely but couldn't afford such toys when me and my sister were at the power wheels age. My dad always wanted to get one too. He's getting my daughter one in a few years when she's old enough.
They're a lot better off than all of my friends parents now, but the mid 80's was tough on a lot of people.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Wait til she gets older and your washing the streak marks in her undies to get em out. Good times lol had to do it with my sons plenty of times when he was younger oh the joys

99GreenCobra

Established Member
I touched poop with my bare hands a few months ago. As I was changing my son he reached down with both hands and ripped his diaper out. Sending a turd flying. I grabbed it before he could.

The joys of Being a parent lol

hb712

Established Member
Don't ask how - I don't actually know - but my son managed to fling fresh shit into my beard. That was the worst one I can remember. When he was really little, right before we transitioned from NB diapers to 1's, you would feel your chest get warm as he was laying on you and know immediately that you were covered in pee. First-world parenting problems.

He's 11 months old now and all I can do is laugh about all the times he's had blowouts so bad that I elected to give him a bath rather than try to use half a case of wipes to clean him up, all the times he's peed on me, or all the times I've been covered in spitup.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I am glad I own my own Rug Doctor.

Did you know that a cat can cover thirty five feet while hurling. Leaving one of the grossest looking trails you have ever seen? Goddamn fish catfood!:xpl:

Damn...worst I've had to deal with is weiner dog diarrhea on a hardwood floor!

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
That's hilarious, my son would pee as soon as the diaper would come off and it would ark onto his face. I think the worst is when they are crying and there is nothing that will calm them, that is tough.

Rings

Established Member
I was the first to be peed on in the family, however, my wife has caught the poopies.

One day after his bath she holding him (appox 4mo) and drying him off while grabbing a onesie, well he diarrhea right through the towel, her shirt and all over her pants. Luckily she kept it from hitting the carpet.

Grandma was the first to receive the floating pickle when bathing him!

99GreenCobra

Established Member
For all the puke, piss, poop, snot and half chewed food I have touched in the last 1.5 year... its all totally worth it. We go to car shows, watch mustang videos, hike, bike, ski, swim and whatever else.

Just had to add that.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
We are having our first baby in February after trying for 6 years. I'll be 37 and my wife will be 38. I'm worried but excited. It's amazing how things work. I can't wait. Can anyone recommend one thing you couldn't live without with a baby? Certain type monitor etc? My head is spinning for all the things I need to buy. We find out what we're having this week.

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
We are having our first baby in February after trying for 6 years. I'll be 37 and my wife will be 38. I'm worried but excited. It's amazing how things work. I can't wait. Can anyone recommend one thing you couldn't live without with a baby? Certain type monitor etc? My head is spinning for all the things I need to buy. We find out what we're having this week.

I feel for you. I'm 37 and wife is 35.
So many things to buy. What a learning experience so far.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I feel for you. I'm 37 and wife is 35.
So many things to buy. What a learning experience so far.

Congrats!!! We gave up and were starting to look into adoption when she got pregnant. I'm on edge every doctor visit praying the baby is ok. Had the downs testing done because of our age and it all looked good so far. Any suggestions on any products from cribs to strollers appreciated. I can't wait to get one of those Simpson race seat car seats lol.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Congratulations! My wife and I were in the same boat last year. We went to a baby store called buy buy baby, they walked us around and recommended certain things we would need. I would also like to mention a word about preeclampsia. My wife had this with our son and it is a very serious condition. Research on this and you make sure you keep an eye on your wife's blood pressure and any swelling headaches and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread