Parenting: The Hard Times

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Congratulations! My wife and I were in the same boat last year. We went to a baby store called buy buy baby, they walked us around and recommended certain things we would need. I would also like to mention a word about preeclampsia. My wife had this with our son and it is a very serious condition. Research on this and you make sure you keep an eye on your wife's blood pressure and any swelling headaches and so on.

Thank you I will. My wife is an RN but I will keep it in mind. She takes care of everyone but herself at times. It seems like we are at the OB every two weeks or so.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you I will. My wife is an RN but I will keep it in mind. She takes care of everyone but herself at times. It seems like we are at the OB every two weeks or so.
My wife is an RN too. Good to hear, my wife is pregnant with our second and she has to go to a high risk ob.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Best thing I recommend to all new parents is get help\accept help from friends and relatives. It changes you like like no other and the older you are the more of a blindside it will be because you are set in your ways. You've got to get time away from the baby or you will go nuts.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
When you get the diaper off, instantly put one on top of it. You have been warned and you can thank me later. Trust me my eye still aint right.

This is what I do, my GF laughs at me but guess what, I have never been pissed or shit on and she has been pissed on multiple times, so now who's laughing? I have been fortunate enough not to have any incidents like the OP. I am very fast and very careful when putting his diaper on or getting him out of the bathtub because I want to avoid stuff like this. My GF will let him run around the house after a bath with no diaper and I just shake my head, F that, I don't wanna be cleaning up unnecessary mess.

We are having our first baby in February after trying for 6 years. I'll be 37 and my wife will be 38. I'm worried but excited. It's amazing how things work. I can't wait. Can anyone recommend one thing you couldn't live without with a baby? Certain type monitor etc? My head is spinning for all the things I need to buy. We find out what we're having this week.

View attachment 23352

This. Make sure you have one. There will be times it will come very much in handy.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
We are having our first baby in February after trying for 6 years. I'll be 37 and my wife will be 38. I'm worried but excited. It's amazing how things work. I can't wait. Can anyone recommend one thing you couldn't live without with a baby? Certain type monitor etc? My head is spinning for all the things I need to buy. We find out what we're having this week.

Learn how to swaddle your baby, with a swaddler, you will get awesome sleep like that and the baby will too. Watch videos on it if you have to. We use an Angel Care monitor. Take tips from friends and family that have babies. You will be fine, best of luck!

Last edited:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member

My wife and some of her friends passed around the book http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hea...-marc-weissbluth/1100621365?ean=9780449004029 that teaches you how to keep your baby on a strict schedule for eating and sleeping. It is worth it's weight in gold, our daughter just turned 10 months and she has slept 10-12 hours a night since she was 6 weeks old. Make sure you have something like this...http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pro...adle-n-39-swing/1041288931?Keyword=baby+swing

Keep a eye out in your area for something like this http://www.wee-cyclemart.com/ we saved tons of money on clothes.

We just picked this up today:-D:-D http://www.buybuybaby.com/store/pro...-ride-convertible-car-seat-in-jett/1042601838.:-D

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
Aw guys, it's just a little poop. Believe me, this wont be the worst thing you'll encounter in childraising.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a memory you will never forget. :eek: :lol1: We had a similar incident with our daughter when she was an infant as well. This is called "keeping it real". LOL.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
This was all in fun, glad everyone could relate to it. We are having fun being parents even if she does poop on the cat every now and then.

Oh and she pooped in my truck yesterday, I just got that truck...

Commbubba19

because racecar....crash
Established Member
stewie-guy-puke.gif

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I knew it was going to happen sometime, I just didn't know when. I wasn't ready for this day to come, nothing could even prepare me for it. I tried not to think about it and tried to deny it even ever happening, but tonight it happened. We were getting our 2 month old baby girl ready for a bath. She was completely naked and I was holding her (facing away from me, with a hand under each leg) then suddenly… explosive diarrhea! It shot out like you might would picture a rotten potato coming out of a potato gun at super sonic speeds. Luckily I had the end of this doodoo canon pointed in the right direction, at the floor. Nobody was hit. My Wife and I stood there with a "shock and awe" look drawn over both of our faces. Unfortunately we were in the bathroom on the slate floors. If you don't know what slate floors are like to clean, picture trying to get mayonnaise out of a huge cheese grader with a Q-Tip. And then my worst nightmare came true, the cat ran through it. The good thing is that cat realized she had it all over her paws, the bad thing is that she realized she had it on her paws and then starting flailing around like a rodeo bull with a bad cocaine habit and tried her best to get it off in 8 seconds. She covered the entirety of the house about 3 times before I could blink. I'm glad its friday.

Bahahaha!

Thanks for sharing your story. It is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread