Paxton 2200SL installed and having problems.

Jukens

Established Member
Installed the kit 2 weeks ago along with some ID1000 injectors and a vortech boost controlled BAP. Been working with Ken from Lund racing with the tune and hes got the wot dialed in but I am stuck with an issue its having even with the base tune. At light throttle acceleration its hesitating and jerking a bit and the exhaust is burping when its doing this. Before we started trying to work out this issue I had a cool/cold startup issue that when the car sat for 20+ mins it would take 2-3 seconds to crank over, Ken took care of this by having to pull fuel at crank. I have my plugs gapped at 0.035, checked and rechecked all piping and wiring. Could leaky injectors cause this? The hard starts and hesitation at light throttle? I am running out of ideas on what to check/replace on my end.

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
Throw your stock injectors back in real quick and reflash to stock and see if it drives fine. Just dont nail it and get into boost. If its good then its either the injectors or a tune issue.

PushingSpokes

Established Member
I read some other thread on SVTP yesterday with a similar problem. After working through every possible problem he found the injectors to be installed incorrectly.

Jukens

Established Member
Ya I think he put the injector adapter caps on the wrong side, mine are definitely installed correctly. Going to try stock injectors/ tune this weekend. Anyone else have ID1000s?

KalEl370

Established Member
Ya I think he put the injector adapter caps on the wrong side, mine are definitely installed correctly. Going to try stock injectors/ tune this weekend. Anyone else have ID1000s?

I have the same setup as you (ID1000s, vortech boost referenced BAP, Paxton), I had a problem with bucking under 3000rpms with the base tune, but when I made it to the dyno, my tuner (Manny @ HPP), tuned it, and it drives great now. I'm sure with data logging it, Ken should be able to work it out. Good luck!

Jukens

Established Member
I have the same setup as you (ID1000s, vortech boost referenced BAP, Paxton), I had a problem with bucking under 3000rpms with the base tune, but when I made it to the dyno, my tuner (Manny @ HPP), tuned it, and it drives great now. I'm sure with data logging it, Ken should be able to work it out. Good luck!

Awesome thats what I needed to hear, its definitely under 3k rpm thats the bucking/hesitation is occuring.

KalEl370

Established Member
Awesome thats what I needed to hear, its definitely under 3k rpm thats the bucking/hesitation is occuring.

Ya, the base tune is basically to get you going (check for leaks, get it started etc.), the rest will be worked out in the tune. You are gonna love it!

RusWolf

Established Member
Sometimes in 4th and 5th i get the same slight jerk around 3K RPM.
Not worried about that because i'm still awaiting to install my boss IM and get final tune from Shaun.

Jukens

Established Member
Anyone have the cranking issue, where if it sat for 30 or so minutes hot or cold it would take 2-3 seconds to start up?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
OP, did you get a hold of Injector Dynamics to see if they sent you the wrong injectors spacers? I remember you saying that you had the grey ones as opposed to the purple ones.

Jukens

Established Member
Yes I did. They said it was odd because they package the grey caps with the ID2000s and asked if they were real I told them I hope so I got them from beefcake racing and he said they weren't an authorized seller or something but they will be fine same fitment just different color.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Problems

Bet you $100 its a tuning issue , I've been on the Dyno 50 times with several different cars and setups including my own

Jukens

Established Member
I've completely removed and reseated the injectors and lubed the o rings and it didn't help. Starting to wish I just did the Dyno tune route. Been at it for 2 weeks now with email tunes and multiple data logs almost everyday trying to dial everything in. And I am starting to think I may have id2000 injectors by mistake. The injector dynamic guy even said they package the 2000s with the grey caps that I have

Last edited:

RFM50

Established Member
Does terry(beefcake) and ken b know about the wrong color injector adapters? You may have the id2000's and if ken doesn't know that it's going to throw his tunning off.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes they both know

the 2000's install differently than the 1000's, they wouldn't be so much plug and play.

you can put up a pic of the injectors, but they are 1000's, if they were 2000's , the car wouldn't be running.

the dyno isn't going to do anything for street drivability, the dyno is for tuning the wot. the street is the best place to tune for the street.

Jukens

Established Member
the 2000's install differently than the 1000's, they wouldn't be so much plug and play.

you can put up a pic of the injectors, but they are 1000's, if they were 2000's , the car wouldn't be running.

the dyno isn't going to do anything for street drivability, the dyno is for tuning the wot. the street is the best place to tune for the street.

Thanks Terry, I just trying to make sure there's nothing on my end that would be causing Ken issues on his end for tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread