Paxton + Auto 5.0 = BEAST!

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
So after 3 weeks of not having my car i finally have it back and its a beast! I would like to thank Terry Reeves from beefcake racing for the great price of the blower, Fred Cook from Evolution Performance for the fast shipping on the 75lb injectors, and Lund racing for the great tune!

My mod list before: Lethal o/r hpipe, magnaflow muffler delete, jlt intake, frpp 47lb injectors, Vortech Bap, and a paxton blower. I was making 10.5lbs of boost and was going lean after 6600rpm. The 47lb injectors were rated to around 600hp and according to the dyno i was only at 540rwhp but after a few datalogs i was told i was out of injector. Apparently the mustang dyno i was on reads rediculously low. A guy was there the same day and put down 72rwhp less than a dynojet he was on the day before. Once the evo 75lbs came in everything came together and the tune was finished.

I did a couple pulls on the way home and here are my results.

40mph roll - Almost crashed the car. The stock 245/45/19's aren't enough tire for this combo and i wasn't ready for the kickout.

2 60mph pulls - Eased into it and it pulled hard. When it shifted the tires spun pretty hard and was a little scary

When i picked the car up it had the magnaflow muffler deletes and they were way too much for me to handle after the blower install. As soon as i got back i got the gt500 mufflers installed which made it sound way quieter but the blower whistles more. Or i can just hear it now.

As far as the tranny tune. Lund remote tuned my car and at first it felt weird driving it home. After the journey home and the gt500 axleback install it felt so much better. The tune just came together. I don't know if it was on some sort of learning thing from the flash or whatever but damn. It was way better after it was parked and sat for the axleback install. Here is a video of the idle and i will have a dyno video of the car with the magnaflow muffler deletes tomorrow!

[youtube_browser]dF37VAYLNkU[/youtube_browser]

Rev + idle - Rev sounds like it stays up too long i think.
[youtube_browser]1ceS1exVPUE[/youtube_browser]

Final mod list: Lethal o/r hpipe, gt500 a/b , jlt intake, evo 75lb injectors, Vortech Bap, and a paxton blower. The tune is extremely safe and it put down an astounding 546hp/501tq on a stingy ass mustang dyno. I can't wait to get some tires and hit the local Dragstrip when it opens!

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Great news. I have been keeping my eye on a combo similar to this. Thanks for the review and the videos! Have fun!

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Post up a copy of the dyno sheet once you get it please. I'd like to see the tq curve.

11dsgGT

Established Member
Pretty nice numbers, for a Mustang Dyno! I always try to get my cars tuned on a mustang dyno. You install those injectors, because you were needing more room to grow? ;-)

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Dyno VId

Heres a quick vid of it on the dyno until i can get the sheet up. This pull was only to 6600rpms.

[youtube_browser]j8PaN08RKzc[/youtube_browser]

^ thats why i got gt500 a/b now :)

The remote tune is about 95% perfect for me as a dd right now. The revs not coming down fast enough and the occasional surging are the only problems i have had so far. I did get a lean bank 1 code but i reset it and it hasnt came back. I watch my afr on my aeroforce gauge like a hawk. I put about 100 miles on the car last night so i got a good feel for it. I'm extremely happy with my tune right now. It feels like stock driving around under 3k rpms and the shift points are better than stock. I'll get the dyno graph up later tonight hopefully. Just waiting on the shop to send me it. I have to get use to the power, i came from a bolt on/tune 300c SRT8 to this. Big difference! 3rd gear pull vid watching the speedo coming soon!

Last edited:

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Well i finally got a chance to look at the Dyno chart and i made max tq of 501 but that was at 4100rpm. The chart kept losing tq and by the end was around 440tq.Trying to get a version i can put on here but everytime i take a picture of the chart it gets all blurred being that its on photo paper.

Users who are viewing this thread