Paxton E85 740rw 5.0 vs bolt on Viper

cb900f

Established Member
Not saying the 5.0 should have won at all, just power wise should have at least "slowed his roll" or pulled him somewhere in the rpm range.

5.0 Silverback

Established Member
Paxton car need a TQ booster/driver mod. They are slugs when not in peak TQ range. That being said RWHP #'s sounds right on the 5.0 if running E85 would like to know what RWTQ it has...
This praticular Viper is no joke though.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that viper moved out, my next car is definitely going to be a 5th gen viper, they look sexy and are stupid fast.

Whippled3v

Established Member
I'd be interested to see the dyno sheets just to compare the powerbands of the two, these vipers continue to impress me the hell out of me. I'd love to be able to own one at some point. 5.0 needs turbo

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
foof, whats the weight on these new vipers? I need to hit lotto. I want one of these so bad

3340 for the TA's. Considering how large the motor is, that's pretty good weight!

Viper moves out but driver mod ftw
Guy was banging gears sounded like no lift. Sorry Gtr guys :0)

Viper owner is definitely a wheel man. He's had a ton of fast cars over the years. He still has a 1500hp Supra too.

The viper is 3350 ish , consider them big block cars, they make power everywhere and cut through the air after 100.

Exactly.
While I agree with that statement, if that 5.0 was making a whole 140 hp more, you would see it pulling somewhere in the powerband. Which we didnt. Not even when the 5.0 got the hit.

IMO, Torque wins races, HP sells Paxton's (w/o TQ booster).

But those numbers in the video still don't add up....

You have to take in consideration a number of factors. Weight, gearing, powerband etc. While the Stang makes good horsepower, it makes lackluster torque in the low 500's range.

Power under the curve > peak power.

Seemed to go as expected, Viper has a great powerband not peaky at all, the 5.0 weighs more, likely has a peaky powerband, and doesn't have much torque or power under the curve.

So what if it's making 140whp more, how long is it really at that power? Not hating on centri's at all I run one myself, but I'll be getting rid of that shit for a turbo in the near future.:D

Exactly! This guy gets it.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean from 60-140mph that viper gets 4 cars. I dunno how much racing you've done, but in ALL of my videos the math adds up. Just sayin. C5z, to TT 5.0. Math is Math. You can't fool Einstein.

Your calculator is broken. lol. This is why bench racing is nonsense. Real world racing > bench racing.

Paxton car need a TQ booster/driver mod. They are slugs when not in peak TQ range. That being said RWHP #'s sounds right on the 5.0 if running E85 would like to know what RWTQ it has...
This praticular Viper is no joke though.

535tq.

Damn that viper moved out, my next car is definitely going to be a 5th gen viper, they look sexy and are stupid fast.

Amen bro. The new Vipers are beasts!

740whp my ass

LMAO! This post made me laugh the most so far.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
3340 for the TA's. Considering how large the motor is, that's pretty good weight!

Viper owner is definitely a wheel man. He's had a ton of fast cars over the years. He still has a 1500hp Supra too.

Exactly.

You have to take in consideration a number of factors. Weight, gearing, powerband etc. While the Stang makes good horsepower, it makes lackluster torque in the low 500's range.

Power under the curve > peak power.

Exactly! This guy gets it.

Your calculator is broken. lol. This is why bench racing is nonsense. Real world racing > bench racing.

535tq.

Amen bro. The new Vipers are beasts!

LMAO! This post made me laugh the most so far.

Lmao this post made me laugh. The viper barely makes more Tq, and it may have more hp @ 2k rpms but that is irrelevant here. In a roll race the paxton car shouldn't be below 5-5500 rpms. Even with its "less power under the curve" it is still making over 600 rwhp for all of Or the majority of the race. Also you would see the paxton car stop the viper pull and/or start to pull on it as it got into the top of the rpm range and had a 140 rwhp advantage over the viper. The viper winning bc of better driver and other factors wouldn't have surprised me but the rape of a race looked more like it running a 550-600 rwhp paxton car not 740.

Edit: Just rewatched the vids... the 2nd vid is closer to what I would expect with a poor driver in the Paxton and good driver in t he Viper(yes I know paxton took the hit). Still seems way too slow for the numbers.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Lmao this post made me laugh. The viper barely makes more Tq, and it may have more hp @ 2k rpms but that is irrelevant here. In a roll race the paxton car shouldn't be below 5-5500 rpms. Even with its "less power under the curve" it is still making over 600 rwhp for all of Or the majority of the race. Also you would see the paxton car stop the viper pull and/or start to pull on it as it got into the top of the rpm range and had a 140 rwhp advantage over the viper. The viper winning bc of better driver and other factors wouldn't have surprised me but the rape of a race looked more like it running a 550-600 rwhp paxton car not 740.

Edit: Just rewatched the vids... the 2nd vid is closer to what I would expect with a poor driver in the Paxton and good driver in t he Viper(yes I know paxton took the hit). Still seems way too slow for the numbers.

I don't know what to tell ya, man. The proof is right there in the videos for ya. Goes to show ya that bench racing isn't foolproof. Anything can happen in a street race as it often does. You're taking it way too seriously. lol.

The 5.0 also had a 200lb passenger if that makes you feel better. It's the only other thing I can think of that might help you bench race it some more. lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Way2QWK

Established Member
5gen vipers are my current favorite car....they were so bad ass to watch on the little road course setup at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale a few weeks back.

Users who are viewing this thread