Paxton E85 740rw 5.0 vs bolt on Viper

Whippled3v

Established Member
Maybe a generous dyno for the paxton car, low reading dyno for the viper? Add in the weight difference +200 lb passenger in 5.0, power under the curve and aero advantage for viper, driver mod in viper vs slow shifts in 5.0....and you get this rape session?
Still don't doubt the outcome of the race, the proof is there..but no doubt that is one weak ass 740 whp 5.0 lol

01slobra

got wheelhop?
Established Member
lol lots of bench racing. Who cares about what "should" happen, this is what DID happen.

I own the Viper.

Here is the dyno
EB3F1951-E93F-490E-A615-397E004CD4D5_zpsa8j7m2dl.jpg

Here is the weight. 1/2 tank of fuel, no driver.
C9F574E0-4DE8-43C1-87EB-8026CF79016F_zpsdyoxolij.jpg

Car leaves pretty good, pulls good up top, etc… If we got into 5th it would be much much worse. lol I was sleeping my ass off when I gave him the move, ooops. We probably raced 6-7 times, his best run I was 2+ out on him, the average race I put 6-7 on him easily.

I have only had the car 4 weeks, so no track time yet. In theory its a 10.3-10.4@135-137 car.

Midnight11

Established Member
Lol damn Steve loves posting the videos everywhere

Yea car weighs prob 3900 pounds with me and another passenger.

Midnight11

Established Member
Slow shifts I just got he trans back from under warranty. And the stock clutch doesn't like the power. My wot box isn't installed yet

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Slow shifts I just got he trans back from under warranty. And the stock clutch doesn't like the power. My wot box isn't installed yet

This explains the race more now. Slow shifts plus viper driving his ass off I can understand the outcome more now.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
While I agree with that statement, if that 5.0 was making a whole 140 hp more, you would see it pulling somewhere in the powerband. Which we didnt. Not even when the 5.0 got the hit.

IMO, Torque wins races, HP sells Paxton's (w/o TQ booster).

But those numbers in the video still don't add up....

My thoughts exactly. Every Paxton car I see race fails at torque when it doesn't have the time raid booster mod, loosing races.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Did you start the runs in 3rd gear? I have seen many guys that make great power make this mistake, they think that due to their power, they can overcome starting at a low rpm with traction and less shifting.

Midnight11

Established Member
Did you start the runs in 3rd gear? I have seen many guys that make great power make this mistake, they think that due to their power, they can overcome starting at a low rpm with traction and less shifting.

Yes 3rd. At 60 I'm around 5500 which is what the race was. I have 3.73s

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So much bench racing.. So much talk about tq wins races and HP is blah blah blah.. Funny stuff that's for sure. I know first hand how a Vortech/Paxton car should run.. And once again it shows how a improperly setup Vortech/Paxton car will lose..

The Viper is no joke, and not taking anything away from the ass whooping, simply commenting on people's tq vs hp shit

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So much bench racing.. So much talk about tq wins races and HP is blah blah blah.. Funny stuff that's for sure. I know first hand how a Vortech/Paxton car should run.. And once again it shows how a improperly setup Vortech/Paxton car will lose..

The Viper is no joke, and not taking anything away from the ass whooping, simply commenting on people's tq vs hp shit

agree

Full boltons e85 stock pulley

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread