Paxton on 3.6 pulley vs Wastegated 11 psi set up.

RusWolf

Established Member
This summer i do want to take a ride up there but will probably be retuned by that time.

Leaning towards just a 3.6

Don't really want to spend 450 for WG and welded pipe. I already have the 3.33 pulley and belt.
Maybe i should though, im so confused lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sdoo500

Established Member
This summer i do want to take a ride up there but will probably be retuned by that time.

Leaning towards just a 3.6

Don't really want to spend 450 for WG and welded pipe. I already have the 3.33 pulley and belt.
Maybe i should though, im so confused lol

I know the 3.6 will probably make a touch more hp up top but I'd imagine the wastegated cars will have a lot more torque down low even compared to the 3.6 pulley. Either way I'm sure you'll be happy.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Just get the 8 rib setup already. You can get a wastegate used from someone and a pulley is only like 60 bucks. The torque booster is a fairly proven setup by now. There's a reason guys are running them left and right.

rotarymagic

Established Member
When it's apples to apples with the same boost pressure, the WG wins. Longtubes are a big deal on a boosted car as well.

RusWolf

Established Member
Yeah don't have LT's and not looking to do them anytime soon.

Will see what AED says.

As i said i already have 3.33 and belt. And i had a turbosmart WG and was going to weld it, but some scumbag stole it.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Why? What is it going to do? Its like $400 lol

I heard of 20% OD pulley.

An ati balancer will help prolong the life of your oil pump gears stock or billet.....on a boosted car...has something to do with reducing crankshaft vibration under heavy boost load...

Users who are viewing this thread