Paxton on 3.6 pulley vs Wastegated 11 psi set up.

GBCoyote

Established Member
As long as you arent trying to shift over 7600rpm the torque booster setup will be advantageous.

rotarymagic

Established Member
Doesn't WG set up starts to loose power at like 6500+?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relatively no because you're still trying to match what a car makes at xxxx rpm at xxxx psi. Remember the wastegate setup is designed to alter the midrange of a centrifugal power curve so it'll look strange compared to a normal centrifugal power curve (If people got so hung up on weird power curves then why would anyone ever spray nitrous? It hits REALLY hard downlow and in the midrange and tends to fall off hard as you go higher in the revs). It is designed to boost the shit out of midrange which really helps on shift recovery.

RusWolf

Established Member
I've seen 20+ whp from headers on a centrifugal car even running low boost. The gains get better at higher boost too.

I think that applies to all forms of FI. The faster the air can get out of the system, the better it is.

However i personally feel stock headers are not bad at all and swapping them is not a #1 concern. At least for me it is not.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Was talking to a buddy last night, he removed his jlt cold air intake and placed a screen over his paxton opening and he gained 2lbs of boost. He's also on his 4th rebuild of his mt-82 trans. He's at 14 lbs with 740 rwhp!!!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah rev auto outside baltimore has 2 types of trans rebuilds he's done 3 phase 1 builds this time he's going all out with a complete rebuild. Ive been telling him to get a tremec he says he will if he breaks this next rebuild!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Much more BOV activity when not in boost (which is 90% of your driving) due to the much smaller pulley and the blower moving more air.

I had some minor drivability issues after I installed mine but I never got re tuned for the torque booster.

I switched to a 3.6 and preferred the way the car drove wih tbat pulley.

GBCoyote

Established Member
It's easier to remove the blower. You're gonna have to move the pulley to the 2nd from last hole. This will require you to loosen the majority of the bracket bolts anyways. It's a pain in the ass. Trust me.

RusWolf

Established Member
It's easier to remove the blower. You're gonna have to move the pulley to the 2nd from last hole. This will require you to loosen the majority of the bracket bolts anyways. It's a pain in the ass. Trust me.

Uhhh not looking forward to it.

How long did it take you guys to do it?

I tried to search if there us step by step no luck.
Did you all just go by the gut feeling and general idea?

I installed the blower 3 years ago i think I haven't looked at it since.

RusWolf

Established Member
Ohh and did you guys change your spark plugs at all after this?
I haven't changed my plugs in like 3 years and last i was getting tuned, i was told there was no need to change them as everything looked fine on the dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread