Paxton or Procharger

hopony

Established Member
you already bought your paxton. We'll run psi vs psi, i'll match your pulley's PSI, then we post results on here :lol1:

If I wanted the fastest car on earth I would put the money into my 02 SS. I am sure a twin car will be faster provided you have traction.

Fastnature

Established Member
Hopony I hope you didnt buy the last kit. I have had my eye on these for a while. just dont like the wait. Now they are stocking them and it makes it really hard to not buy.

Is the Paxton HO a bigger blower than the Beefcake special for 4700? I am on the fence and not sure if I am wasting money if i buy the HO kit. If I can buy the kit for 4700 and just up grade it to a HO kit that be better for my wallet for now.

Any one know if one is bigger than the other?

hopony

Established Member
Hopony I hope you didnt buy the last kit. I have had my eye on these for a while. just dont like the wait. Now they are stocking them and it makes it really hard to not buy.

Is the Paxton HO a bigger blower than the Beefcake special for 4700? I am on the fence and not sure if I am wasting money if i buy the HO kit. If I can buy the kit for 4700 and just up grade it to a HO kit that be better for my wallet for now.

Any one know if one is bigger than the other?

He told me that it had better internal gears and was oil fed. Same size blower plus 8 rib belt

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
What if any would be the 2nd hand owner troubles with these paxton kits?

Seems like a lot are being bought, so possibly a few people will be selling used ones when tradin there cars for something else.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
the biggest problem with used kits is having all the parts, we charge $200 more on installs of used kits, you ALWAYS run into issues. ALWAYS

Rct851

Established Member
I see.

But if I got one off a car and everything was accounted for would you be worried about the unit even if it had been run really hard on a car? Would the bottom end of the car be what took the abuse as opposed to the supercharger ?

Thread jack over... But damn I wanna go fast too!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I see.

But if I got one off a car and everything was accounted for would you be worried about the unit even if it had been run really hard on a car? Would the bottom end of the car be what took the abuse as opposed to the supercharger ?

Thread jack over... But damn I wanna go fast too!

the supercharger takes punishment too especially if its spun really hard. if you don't see oil anywhere in the inside of the blower and it spins fine i wouldn't worry about it to much. they could always be rebuilt though.

hopony

Established Member
02 ss? bwahaha :lol:

My point was the mustang is my daily driver. Don't need to break any records with it just want it to be fun. My camaro has bmr xtreme everything a t400, with a race gas only 409 and dual stage nitrous. It is faster than my mustang will ever be.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My point was the mustang is my daily driver. Don't need to break any records with it just want it to be fun. My camaro has bmr xtreme everything a t400, with a race gas only 409 and dual stage nitrous. It is faster than my mustang will ever be.

Being a mustang and camaro owner you must catch flack from both sides....lol

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
If you wanna go fast you have a Chevy. If you want more troubles and go fast buy a ford lol.

Users who are viewing this thread