Paxton or Vortech... please explain your boost curve

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
1. Roots vs Centri

HnvIPKd.jpg

I'm confused by this graph... what is it showing? If it is showing boost levels, I believe this is a PD vs Turbo graph. Centri boost (without wastegate) starts very low off idle and slowly builds throughout the rev range, maxing out at redline. The blue line does not depict how centri boost works.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
OP, just depends on your goal for the car which one to go. The v3 vortech will be a little more effiecent at around 600rwhp. The paxton 2200sl shines at around 650-700rwhp.

I admit with the paxton it doesnt feel like a boosted car below 3k. But no one races off idle. What people have done with the paxton and vortech kits is proof enough. Terry is on a JT trim I believe and is mid 8's. Dtony runs 9's with the torque booster and v3 head unit. Stretch had one in the 9's. Allheinz has one at a 9.1 i believe. And TSS has had others in the 9's.They flat out perform. Not saying the PD blower cars dont. Just not as many deep into the 9's.

Also. I would not worry about the MAF placement for tuning. If you go with the right tuner you will have ZERO issues with it and it will be flawless.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm confused by this graph... what is it showing? If it is showing boost levels, I believe this is a PD vs Turbo graph. Centri boost (without wastegate) starts very low off idle and slowly builds throughout the rev range, maxing out at redline. The blue line does not depict how centri boost works.
I agree. There is a lot of bad information being tossed around in this thread

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
it is going to depend on what your goals are.

if you say, I want around 600 and have no plans to ever build an engine, I would do the v3, it will ramp in a bit sooner as it's pullied for more boost than the 2200 kit.

If there is any chance you may build a motor at some point, the 2200 is the way to go. the v3 is no slouch though, tony and brent have both been 9.6's with it.

People say I'm biased because I sell Paxton kits and vortech. We also have roush, procharger and vmp and working on more pd blowers to give people options. That will not sway my opinion that these are the best bang for the buck kits and work great on this platform.

I have owned more blower cars than probably 95% of the people here. In the last 15 years I have had 6 pd cars, 4 vortech cars, and 1 procharger car and 1 turbo car. On this platform, I like the centri. They work well, the power is controllable, and they are quick. Our 14 car goes 10.4's @ 132, not boring to drive at all. And lots of growing potential.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
it is going to depend on what your goals are.

if you say, I want around 600 and have no plans to ever build an engine, I would do the v3, it will ramp in a bit sooner as it's pullied for more boost than the 2200 kit.

If there is any chance you may build a motor at some point, the 2200 is the way to go. the v3 is no slouch though, tony and brent have both been 9.6's with it.

People say I'm biased because I sell Paxton kits and vortech. We also have roush, procharger and vmp and working on more pd blowers to give people options. That will not sway my opinion that these are the best bang for the buck kits and work great on this platform.

I have owned more blower cars than probably 95% of the people here. In the last 15 years I have had 6 pd cars, 4 vortech cars, and 1 procharger car and 1 turbo car. On this platform, I like the centri. They work well, the power is controllable, and they are quick. Our 14 car goes 10.4's @ 132, not boring to drive at all. And lots of growing potential.

This is it. Beef do you have a link to your 14 car? A solid mid 10s car well into the 130s is EXACTLY what I after. I will eventually build a shortblock for piece of mind but for those of you that know how fast a 130 mph car is--ITS PLENTY.. for me at least.

View attachment 24508

What my boost curve looks like. Paxton setup.

This is great! thanks for posting

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This is it. Beef do you have a link to your 14 car? A solid mid 10s car well into the 130s is EXACTLY what I after. I will eventually build a shortblock for piece of mind but for those of you that know how fast a 130 mph car is--ITS PLENTY.. for me at least.

This is great! thanks for posting

Gimmie11s, the car he is talking about has been for sale for a month or so. Great looking car. Glass roof and loaded. Here is a link of it on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...380991461459&pt=US_Cars_Trucks#ht_3274wt_1362

Yep, that's it.

You can see a video of the car at the nmra all female shootout 2 months ago here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFTTNFQ_yBE&list=UUNfGSzBrLxMxd2bHt7JvjEA

cars best was a 10.45@132

that was with a gal driving that had only made 4 passes ever down the 1/4 mile! Smooth controllable power!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

lovebread

Established Member
Also if you're even thinking about getting a torque booster just get the torque booster. Kicking myself for not getting it upon first install.

Quad4_72

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread