paying 33k for mytic coupe w/only 400 miles. should i hold out?

sckcobra

Established Member
well i have been on my quest for some time now and all i have to do is say yes and fly out for this one. found 04 mystic in colorado 400 miles i am paying 33k + fees. car is in mint condition should i just stay f it and go for it or should i still hold out for a better deal? sorry for beating the dead horse ;-)

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I got mine with all the mods listed besides my wheels and springs for 31k. I think you should hold out for a little while

MystichromeVert

Established Member
how long can you hold out? when the new GT500 hits the streets I'm sure the 03-04 cobra values will plummet... but if you're going to wait that long, why not just save your pennies for the GT500? :shrug:

sckcobra

Established Member
yeah these cars are becoming harder and harder to find and i am extremely picky. i am not fond of the looks of the new one either all though i know it is gonna be great. this car is a classic to me. think about when you see an immaculate 93 tt supra or a clean ass 87 grand national. this car is gonna be that way 10 or 20 years from now. i love it and i will always have it unless circumstances force me to get rid of it. even if were a billionare i would have a cherry 03 04 mustang cobra in my garage. i have had a lot of cars including viper, ferrari ect.. and nothing captures my sould like this car.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
sckcobra said:
yeah these cars are becoming harder and harder to find and i am extremely picky. i am not fond of the looks of the new one either all though i know it is gonna be great. this car is a classic to me. think about when you see an immaculate 93 tt supra or a clean ass 87 grand national. this car is gonna be that way 10 or 20 years from now. i love it and i will always have it unless circumstances force me to get rid of it. even if were a billionare i would have a cherry 03 04 mustang cobra in my garage. i have had a lot of cars including viper, ferrari ect.. and nothing captures my sould like this car.
:beer:

Chameleon

Established Member
IHMO the chances of finding another Mystichrome with 400 miles is nil. If you really want it buy it. You could certainly find another Terminator cheaper but will you ever find another Mystichrome with that few miles? Doubtful.

Obviously I am based as heck so if you want an unbiased opinion then ignore this post. :D

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
MystichromeVert said:
how long can you hold out? when the GT500 hits the streets I'm sure the 03-04 cobra values will plummet... but if you're going to wait that long, why not just save your pennies for the GT500? :shrug:

But will the prices of the '03/'04 really plummet? I bet the GT500 goes for $50k+ after the "dealer gouge" factor is added. If a decent 03/04 goes for about half that, then the two cars aren't truly competing for the same buyer.

Over the last six months, I've seen an increase in the price of 03/04 convertibles ...by a couple grand or so...maybe because it's summer and people want a drop-top :shrug:

Last edited:

csumt76

Established Member
Damn, decisions decisions. If you absolutely want the Mystic, get this while you can. Also, I'm sure you can get the price down a little. Good luck finding another one with that low of mileage. Lastly, I hope its stock with only 400 hundred miles. The only thing that worries me about a colorado car with that low mileage could be some minor rust/corrosion from sitting for so long. Check the brakes, could possibly look like shit from lack of use.

sckcobra

Established Member
yes i think it was a garage queen. so its probably ok. supposedly has not seen a day of rain in its life. with only 400 miles im not sure that it can go wrong... but there is always a possibility

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Possibility? Sure, but slim and none. Probably under warranty still, and you can always go back to Ford to extend the warranty if you choose.

Go get that bad boy...and I'll give you a thumbs up when I see you on the 210 :coolman:

Silver03

Established Member
csumt76 said:
Damn, decisions decisions. If you absolutely want the Mystic, get this while you can. Also, I'm sure you can get the price down a little. Good luck finding another one with that low of mileage. Lastly, I hope its stock with only 400 hundred miles. The only thing that worries me about a colorado car with that low mileage could be some minor rust/corrosion from sitting for so long. Check the brakes, could possibly look like shit from lack of use.

Rust in Colorado???? This place is a high altitude desert and salt is not used on the roads in the winter. Doubtful that it has a spec of rust even if it were stored outside.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MystichromeVert said:
how long can you hold out? when the new GT500 hits the streets I'm sure the 03-04 cobra values will plummet... but if you're going to wait that long, why not just save your pennies for the GT500? :shrug:
If he wants a Mystichrome then holding out for a GT500 isn't really an option for him.

As far as the $33k price, you ultimately have to ask yourself what YOU are willing to pay if this is THE car that you want. Once it is gone, it's gone. Assuming it is in pretty much showroom condition with 400 miles. I think the price is a bit high, but if you've got the dough and really want this one, give the seller a counter offer and see if they bite. If not, you have to decide how much you want it. JMO.

MystichromeVert

Established Member
CobraBob said:
If he wants a Mystichrome then holding out for a GT500 isn't really an option for him.

As far as the $33k price, you ultimately have to ask yourself what YOU are willing to pay if this is THE car that you want. Once it is gone, it's gone. Assuming it is in pretty much showroom condition with 400 miles. I think the price is a bit high, but if you've got the dough and really want this one, give the seller a counter offer and see if they bite. If not, you have to decide how much you want it. JMO.

I wasn't suggesting he hold out for a GT500... just that if he waits until they start hitting the streets, he'll probably be able to get an even better deal on a mystichrome. If waiting that long isn't an option, I agree he should jump on this one. Considering I paid about 40k for my mystichrome, he's basically getting a car in the same condition for 7k less. (hell, at 400 miles it probably hasn't seen 2 full tanks of gas yet...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread