PD blower useless on the street???

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
My $5000 centri kit with a few minor upgrades putting me at just under $6k seems to pull harder than that. Aslo it never heatsoaks because the huge front mount it came with works so well. At 40 mph it blows my 305 wide dr off like they were cheese cutters.. First is useless now lol. I can't say how fast it went because I haven't went back yet. But from looking at your video and how mine pulls there is a notable difference.

Could just be the video though?!

What was your average trap?

I trap 131-133 if I don't miss a gear. Lol. And I don't heatsoak either.

I'm guessing there's more at play with you being able to spin yours so easily with 305 DR's. I know guys pushing well over 700 that hook 2nd with DR's. Heck, look at ART at the top of this page, over 700whp with a PD blower hooking on the street.

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
:dancenana::coolman: Fiveslow you just poked the hornets nest.

Nah, I don't mind. I'm happy with my trap speeds. I've watched lots of videos and thought the same thing, and then compared them to mine and realized that they were quite a bit faster. I'm not saying I'm faster than you Fiveslow, I'm just saying I understand the feeling.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Way too short of a vid and too hard to compare km/hr and MPH... lol. What is ur HP and trap speed?

Comparing signatures, it seems like a pretty fair comparison.... LOL

Last edited:

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
hopony,

finally a video with some details I wanted to see. m6 centri car on slicks without a big fuel system. I plan to pick up a blower in October, and a video like this aids in my decision making between a centri or tvs. Clutch setup?

and its also the best color made in 13! :beer:

hopony

Established Member
hopony,

finally a video with some details I wanted to see. m6 centri car on slicks without a big fuel system. I plan to pick up a blower in October, and a video like this aids in my decision making between a centri or tvs. Clutch setup?

and its also the best color made in 13! :beer:

Ram 9.5" twin disc

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Every video I see of a car with a blower on slicks has an auto, or if its a m6 its on street tires or 20" drag radials. I like banging gears, but im not seeing these 600rwhp cars deep in the 10s on a mt82. His launch was wheels up, but not violent. I would like to see the same setup with a tvs. I've read over and over about the differences between centri and tvs on the street, but I wanna see 'em on the track.

techwerkz

Established Member
I would buy a TVS over a Centri, but my choice is a bit biased. Granted I would take a turbo over both if I did it all again, and the kits available now were available a few years ago.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
Id like to go turbo too, but there are multiple things that deter me from that. 1 is upfront cost (albeit worth the difference) 2 is downtime 3 is I don't know all about any boost lost during shifts (im afraid of no lift shift) 4 being that if I had to get out of the car for whatever reason, getting the turbo kit off and selling it might prove difficult.

But going FI id wanna be able to go close to 10.3-10.5 without a built motor or fuel system on a mt82 car. Don't wanna derail the OPs thread, but id like to see a m6 tvs get outta the hole at the track.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
3.8 pulley with Jlt intake 7 to 8 depending on temp.

[video=youtube;kRX8aqNm1oA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRX8aqNm1oA[/video]

That launch was SICK! 124- that's about what my trap was on the 85mm pulley (124-126) and that's about what boost I was at. They sure do seem very close boost-for-boost! I will now watch ur launch over and over and over and drool on my phone. Lol

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
Every video I see of a car with a blower on slicks has an auto, or if its a m6 its on street tires or 20" drag radials. I like banging gears, but im not seeing these 600rwhp cars deep in the 10s on a mt82. His launch was wheels up, but not violent. I would like to see the same setup with a tvs. I've read over and over about the differences between centri and tvs on the street, but I wanna see 'em on the track.

Aren't the fastest cars in the 1/4 all centris (excluding turbos)? Every time I see a crazy new best time it seems to always be with a centri.
Not bashing, i'm curious too. This is what I recall.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Aren't the fastest cars in the 1/4 all centris (excluding turbos)? Every time I see a crazy new best time it seems to always be with a centri.

The centris like the paxton can def be cranked to higher boost levels without creating a lot of heat. I'm sure once you get to "race-gas" boost levels with the PD blowers, heat soak WILL become an issue. I never intend to crank the boost that high, so I focused more on what kind of TQ curve that I like better while daily driving.

If time slips using race gas or torco are what I lived for, I would pick 1. Turbo 2. Centri 3. TVS. But with 98% street driving and pump gas only, I love my TVS

Last edited:

pickles

Established Member
Really don't think it makes much of a difference which kit you have on these cars. Your numbers are almost identical to my paxton m6 car on a 3.8" pulley. Did 11.13@125 1.56 60', but I have 3.31 gears.

I'm hoping to have 3.31's with a built diff for next year, the 3.73 is just way too much gear for me. The one and only time i've run the car with this setup we were racing in to a 20-30 mph head wind, so i'm very confident the car should be in the 10's with a gear change & ideal weather conditions. Only time will tell

I was actually ready to order a beefcake vortech v3 before I purchased the TVS, the black headunit & plumbing would have looked badass under the hood. After waiting a week or two for a shipping quote from beef with no luck, I just decided to order a TVS locally so I could get the car ready for a local street car shootout. I don't regret the tvs though, it seems to work well. I DO regret not buying a turbo setup!

Last edited:

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member

Yes the centris do put up points on the scoreboard. BUT, who is fast on either in a mt82 car? Was the JT trim car above a stick?

hopony

Established Member
I'm hoping to have 3.31's with a built diff for next year, the 3.73 is just way too much gear for me. The one and only time i've run the car with this setup we were racing in to a 20-30 mph head wind, so i'm very confident the car should be in the 10's with a gear change & ideal weather conditions. Only time will tell

I was actually ready to order a beefcake vortech v3 before I purchased the TVS, the black headunit & plumbing would have looked badass under the hood. After waiting a week or two for a shipping quote from beef with no luck, I just decided to order a TVS locally so I could get the car ready for a local street car shootout. I don't regret the tvs though, it seems to work well. I DO regret not buying a turbo setup!

Like I said before I don't think it matters which power adder you do on these cars. Ran a new best tonight 11.00@126 but I have some kind of problem because it should have picked up some mph and it didn't.

[video=youtube;NVRCifWNYac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRCifWNYac[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread